Monday, August 20, 2007

What Does Hubby Think about my Changes This Year?

What Does Hubby Think About My Changes This Year?

By popular demand (ok, one demand, this one's for you radiationgirlie!) I will blog about what my husband things about all my changes this year.

Well, we have been married 15+ years. He met me when I weighed 164, at Bible School. When we got married 2 years later I weighed 128. I then proceeded to gain about 10 lbs a year for every year we were married over the course of 14 years. Ouch.

He has always desired that I lose weight, but never really voiced it until recently. Ladies, I know your husbands love you, and they have probably told you it doesn't matter if you are overweight. They love you anyway. This is a true statement to a degree. They do love you anyway. But what I learned is that every husband desires an attractive spouse. To me, this means of normal weight. I had failed my hubby in that regard for 14 years. No More.

He has said many times he is so proud of me, and so proud of what I am accomplishing. He loves that I wear make-up again. Our intimate moments are more intimate now, if you know what I mean. He kisses me more. Hugs me more. Touches me more. And he enjoys it!

He does not mind it if other men look at me while we are out. It gives him a sense of pride, and I like to be able to provide that for him.

My outer beauty faded pretty quickly after we got married...I'd say about 2 years tops and I was obese. I looked twice my age. He has stuck with me through all of it. Now it's my time to shine for him, and I am happy to do it. He's earned it. I love him so very much!

He has not said a word about all the new clothes I've "had" to purchase. He likes that I enjoy dressing in style, as much as a rural Mom in Colorado can dress in style! He is thrilled. Need I say more?

Take care!

No comments: