Thursday, August 23, 2007

Aug 11 - On plateaus and feeling fat

On Plateaus and Feeling Fat

Can I just make an appeal to you all right now? For the love of all the reasons you began your programs, DON'T DRINK ALCOHOL. Not only will you gain weight, but you will continue feeling the effects of it (ie you won't be able to lose the weight you gained for several days!!!) for quite a bit of time afterwards.

What possessed me to drink alchohol? My wrong choice. Nothing possessed me. Nothing made me do it. I did it to myself. Sometimes, and I fully recognize this in myself, sometimes the stress I am going through coupled with an inner voice that says "hey, you look ok, give yourself a break tonight..." combine to form a deadly combination. The result of that combination, when my will is weak and I choose wrongly, is to eat off program. Well, Wednesday night was a doozie. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say that the damage was 4 lbs up, of which I have only lost 1/2 of. I went from 137 to 141, and this morning I was down to 140.5

This is dangerous. Not only is it a slippery slope, but the fact that the weight isn't coming off as quickly as I'm used to it coming off tells me that this is different...this isn't "just" glycogen (or water) weight that can easily come off almost as quickly as it came on. The alcohol changed the way my body was metabolizing, slowed it's metabolization, and I'm suffering the results until the wonders of MF can truly take over again.

I've got to get this together. I did go for a run yesterday, and I'm planning on going today. It is a better way to blow off stress and steam, even if I don't "feel" like I'm stressed, let's face it, I am.

I do notice that when I'm not running on a regular basis (every day or every other day at the least) I tend to be a little more loosey goosey on the program. And I wonder why I plateau out, or bounce around losing the same 3-4 pounds over and over again. Actually, I don't wonder. I know why. And it stops now.

I am the only one who can keep me on the straight and narrow. If I don't do it, no one will come along and do it for me. I've proven to myself that I can do it, with no compromise. I need to adopt that mindset again. I'm not saying it will be easy, but I am hoping it will get easier as I log the 100% days over and over again.

I have not gone up in size, but I haven't gone down either. And let me tell you something. To taste "forbidden food" just feeds the desire for more, when I was perfectly happy cruising along NOT eating those things before I tasted them. I have to detox my brain and my body and be 100%, with running included, and I'm confident I'll drop to 135 by the end of the month. That's my goal. 135 by August 31. That will give me a slight chance of being 128 by the end of summer, September 23rd. That was my wedding weight. Now, I have said before that I think it's a bad idea to set date-certain targets. But I'm breaking that rule.

I got my goal jeans, my size 2 Levi's 515 Misses, in the mail last week. I'm bummed because I didn't read the ebay ad quite as well as I should have, and the jeans are size 2 Petite's, which are even smaller than size 2's. I was looking for size 2 "S" for "Short". What I got was size 2 "P" in a Medium length. So they'll be a bit long, but realistically I should be able to fit into them in 20 more lbs. They are my last pair of goal jeans. I ain't buying no "Zero" size.

OK. So Who's with me? Can we do this, or can't we? LET'S ROCK!!

No comments: