Monday, August 20, 2007

Just Ordered More Spanx!!!

Just Ordered More Spanx!!!

I just ordered some more SPANX, and I'm super excited for them to get here. Sheesh, to think that a little well-made and discreetly placed PANTYHOSE can cost so much...whew! But it is so worth it.

I bought a dress today from American Apparel...now I usually don't buy things there because my saddlebags just hang out all over! The clothing is all cotton, and thin to sheer fabric usually (in the summer line). But I fell in love with a royal blue racer-back tank-dress today and splurged. I knew that my current SPANX would make it look A-OK, especially in 5-10 more pounds. So, I came home, tried on my SPANX with the dress and voila, it looks great! Hubby loves it! He agrees that maybe 5-10 more lbs will make me look less "thick" in it...I'll post a picture once I get to 140. That will be my "My BMI says I'm not overweight anymore" picture. So, yes, I love the spanx. But according to their sizing weight chart, I'm actually into the "B's" now instead of the "C's" (Cough! I doubt it! But we'll see! They have a great return policy so no worries!)

I got a body suit, some low-rise mid-thigh panties, and a body suit with extra extra tummy control which I think I will be wearing with this dress, actually!

Still on a plateau, Tchikki, so lose away!!! This bod ain't budging! But I am SO on program!

Decided to do the 5K in Estes Park next weekend as opposed to the 10K. I don't want to overdo it with the altitude and all, and I know the 5K will be challenging enough. Wow! I'm excited. Then I go to see my mom again the following weekend. I have lots of food there, still, MF food, so I'm good to go.

Had sashimi today. The soy sauce is a little high in sodium but I loved every bite, and tried to go easy on the soy sauce. I used to eat sushi rolls like they were going out of style. Then I found MF. Now I only eat sashimi, and I'll tell you what, it is just as satisfying to me now. I looked around at what other people had ordered and received (I went to lunch by myself today...) and it was all rice and avocado and all that stuff...terriyaki sauce, you name it. Then I took a good look at the people who were leaving the sushi restaurant. It's funny how people have the misperception that sushi is "lite fare." No way! If you even eat 2 rolls, you're looking at over 1,000 calories! The people were a cross-section of average America. Overweight-to-Obese tourists, and that's OK I'm not saying that as a derrogatory statement, goodness knows I'm still overweight and have been "extremely obese" before, in the very recent past. But it was interesting to people watch and take note of those characteristics in general.

Boulder was voted one of the top 10 "Fittest" cities by Health Magazine recently, and I believe it. It is easy to go around Boulder and see very fit people all of the time. At Safeway, at Target, at the Movies, and especially at Whole Foods! I'm starting not to feel out of place anymore, and I love that too! Did 4 miles this morning and yesterday morning. Tomorrow is my "off" day....yay!

Well, this blog has turned into a rambling post so I'll go now. Just had some observations. Take care all you happy Sunday people!

No comments: