Monday, August 20, 2007

No Noodles in My Chicken Noodle? Whaaaa?

  • No Noodles in My Chicken Noodle? Whaaaaa?

    Oh wild and crazy days! You know my weekend was uneventful when the biggest excitement of the day came just now when I took my "Chicken Noodle Soup" out of the microwave....and was puzzled to see that there were NO NOODLES. So, the question of the day...do I eat it, and count it as a MF meal, or do I toss it and grab something else? Oh bother! It's $2.00, I'm eatin' it! I know I know "You can send it back...you can send it back...." what a hassle. So I'll put a few MF crackers in it to make up for the missing carbs and call it a day.

    This weekend was good. I just got done ("done" is a loose term here) mowing the lawn. I usually have to break it up into two days, and today was no exception. It takes me about 2 hours to do 2/3 of it on a ride-on mower. We're talkin' a red mowin' tractor! Love it! Don't like the wrinkles in my forehead after I've been out there for a couple hours though...maybe I should get a dose of botox since I'm going to be running in the sunshine LOTS and LOTS this summer. I don't want a wrinkled old prune of a face at the end of it! No offence to prunes.

    Lets see, what else? I ran 4 miles this morning, hips hurt a tad so I'm going to be monitering that pretty closely over the next week or two...have 4 miles to do tomorrow also. I'm in a 5K next weekend in Estes (couldn't bring myself to do the 10K at "altitude" cuz I don't want to overdo it or get ill!) and my DH said I could get a massage at the St Julien Spa and Hotel afterwards! OOOOoey! I love that place. Pricey, but they let you come early and stay late, and use the pool and the sauna and the steamroom and the jacuzzi and the weight room to your hearts content for the day. Plus an 80 minute massage to boot! That will be a good day.

    The cashier at Costco asked me if I had lost a bunch of weight. Told her 115 lbs so far. She was amazed.

    I've really got to be careful with how I act around other men now. Before, most of my friends were "guy friends", be they students from the post-secondary institution I was a registrar at, or teachers or administrators. Or just random, anonymous people I pass by or have interactions with. My strong point is my wit, it always has been. But now, since I'm turning into a "looker" (not my words) I have to be careful how I come across to men. I don't want them to think I'm issuing an open invitation, if you know what I mean! So I've got to reconcile that....hmmmmm...might take awhile...might be fun while I try reconciling it....hmmmmmm.....

    Okay okay, just kidding. I've just never had to think seriously about my demeanor before with other men because I weight 266 lbs! (or atleast 200!) The thought that they might become attracted to me never ever crossed my mind before. But now....it has to enter into the equation and I have to consider it, as vain as it may sound. It's just the reality. And I wouldn't change things for the world, I just need to figure out how to deal with it.

    I love peeling back the layers of who I am, and liking what I'm finding underneath. Underneath the insulation of fat. Underneath the insulation of the fat mentality. Good times.

    Well, got to get ready for church now! I guess we're goin' to the 6:30 service! My little man is not up yet and it's 5:00. (First service is at 5:30, in Lafayette which is about 35 minutes away....)

    Take care y'all, happy MF-ing and we'll chat manana!
« Previous Page -

No comments: