Monday, August 20, 2007

Does this make me look fat?

Does This Make Me Look Fat?

I have no earthly clue when when the last time I asked my husband this question..I know it was more than 13 years ago..because after that I knew the answer, and it wasn't pretty.

Today I ran off to Walmart to buy some half and half and a bra, because I've grown out (in a good way) of my 38DD's and I'm into a 36D now. Since I have no 36D bras, well, we gotta do what we gotta do. So I found one that fit me very well indeed, and bought a tan and a black one in that style. It's Hanes. Anyway, on to the rest of the story. I have been semi-looking for a cute stylish jean-skirt since the season began, but one that came down atleast to my knee, and did NOT flare out anywhere. I am still way too "hippy" to wear flares of ANY KIND.

So, I found one in a 9/10 that I know will be big in a week or two, but it was made to kind of go around the hips so it's ok...and I liked it! So I bought it, and brought it home. Tried it on for hubby, and before I even knew what I was saying, I said "Does it make me look fat?" I stopped, and we looked at eachother and I laughed! He said "No, honey, actually it doesn't." And he was telling the truth!

That is a huge victory for me! I don't know why it just popped out of my mouth, and he (I hope!) was honest in answering, and the answer was NO! Wow. Wow, wow, wow, wow, WOW!!!!!

So, here's for small victories.

No comments: