Thursday, August 23, 2007

June 20th - Response to a Firestorm on the Medifast Blogsite

Why I Write What I Write.....Yesterday's Drama

Firstly, yesterday was a bit of a firestorm on the Blogs. Granted. Sometimes what I write in my blog strikes certain people a certain way, and some are vastly encouraged and some are really mad. It has been suggested to me that I should be more "compassionate" and more "encouraging and supportive".

I am here, firstly, for my own success. When I write my blog, it is MY BLOG and I will write what I wish within the guidelines of the Rules that MF sets forth. I violated none of those rules. It is up to the reader of the Blog board whether or not they want to click on my blog and read it. Again, the CHOICES theme. If you do not like what you are reading, no one is making you read it. If you don't agree with my point of view, that is fine. I'm not trying to convince you. I'm writing my blog for me, because it helps me to sort out my own feelings and convictions. If people find support from my blog, I am so happy about that. But my primary concern is supporting myself. If you don't agree, you may post a comment, but I might delete it because you aren't the type of person I am out to encourage...and my style will never encourage you, so I don't need 10 comments disagreeing with my style on my blog. My blog is not a "post" and your comments are not "posts". My blog is my blog, and your comment is in direct response to ME, to support or encourage ME, not to be used as a platform to get your disagreement with what I've said out to the world because you feel you are entitled to do it since "I've brought it up." That type of correspondence is for the discussion boards.

Secondly, and very importantly, my style of MF-ing and of blogging seems to be very helpful to a select group of people...people who think like I think. And that is wonderful! I will not tailor my blog to try and be supportive of EVERYONE's perspective. By doing that I would water down the essence of who I am, and by doing that end up encouraging NO ONE, least of all myself. Everyone is welcome to read my blog, but know that it will not encourage everyone.

I represent a certain viewpoint and I represent it boldly. Others on the Blog represent more motherly encouraging supportive loving accepting methods, and they encourage a certain audience as well. But I have not asked you wonderful motherly encouraging supportive and loving accepting people to take a harder line and encourage ME in the way I want to be encouraged...which is by logic, facts, and a swift kick in the rear. I have not asked you to change. And I won't ask you to change. And I won't get on your blog and tell you that your comments really aren't helping anything, or since they aren't helping EVERYONE you shouldn't say them. So I would appreciate the same courtesy. We don't all have to agree about the best way to go about MF. The best way for ME is the way I do it. And I like to share that method with others via my blog. You don't have to agree with it, you don't have to like it. If that is the case, pass it on by and seek out the bloggers who speak to your style.

But I'm not going anywhere, nor am I changing my blogging style to try to suit the needs of everyone. Because the only need I need to consider here is my own. As much as I love many people on this site, I'm here for me. Selfish? Perhaps. Essential for my success and survival? Yes. I am as entitled to post what I wish as anyone else on this board. And I will. I make no excuses and no apology. Controversy aside, I only comment on people's blog who I think I can be OF SUPPORT. That is what comments are originally intended for. So lets all remember that Blogs are like online journals. If YOU have something to say to ME by way of encouragement, feel free to comment. If you vehemently disagree with what I'm saying, private message me and we can discuss it. (But if you are messaging me in order to try to get me to conform to YOUR idea of who I should be, again, ain't gonna happen.)

I see everything through the prism of personal responsibility and consequences for actions. Maybe that will help some understand me a bit more, maybe not. To each his own.


No comments: