Thursday, August 23, 2007

Aug 21 - Addendum to Holy Freak-out Oly!

  • After Much Deliberation, Some Good Advice From My Trusted MF Friends, and Talking With My Husband....

    Update on my "Holy Freak-Out-Oly" blog entry from yesterday...

    I mentioned in my blog yesterday that I'm an all or nothing person, and that if I stopped before I reached my goal that I would feel like I had failed (or something like that...) and it would effect me negatively psychologically. Well, I found a way around that, and it involves compromise which is good therapy for this "all-or-nothing" girl.

    Here's what I have decided to do. Instead of stopping before reaching my goal to begin transition so that my hubby and I can try to get pregnant again soon, I will CHANGE MY GOAL WEIGHT. That way, I will still have reached my goal, will have still been successful (wildly!), and feel that sense of completion that I so need. Plus, as others have pointed out, There ain't 17 more pounds of me to be lost! Seriously! And I don't want to be a size 00.

    Back when I joined Medifast, I took the goal weight MF suggested for me. 118 lbs. That was fine then. I was 266.5 at the time, and so it gave me something to shoot for. But when I got married almost 16 years ago, I weighed 128, and I thought I looked and felt pretty darn good. So, I'm changing my goal weight to between 125 and 128. That gives me a couple pounds to fluctuate and still be "in the 120's". It is also 10 or less pounds instead of 17 lbs to go. Once I reach 128 I will stay on MF 5&1 (as recommended) for one more week. Whatever I land at is then my goal at the end of that week, and I will begin transition after that. If I reach 126.5, that will be a nice even 140 lbs lost. I like that.

    I've got 4 months of transition after that, so I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, and I plan to use the Blogs/boards as a tool to keep my going strong on Maintenance anyway. It is vital.

    In the grander scheme of things, ie if/when (Lord willing) I am giving birth to a beautiful baby boy or girl, it will matter not whether I reached "the magic" number of 118, or 126, or 128 before getting pregnant. The things I've learned on Medifast about myself, about how my body responds to certain foods, about my metabolism, etc, are priceless. And I will concentrate on gaining a "healthy" amount of weight during pregnancy, ie no more than 25 lbs. Then I'll see you all back after I'm done nursing. I'm making alot of assumptions here, that we can even get pregnant again. But I'm trusting. We will see.

    So thank you Nutrition Support, for recommending something as "drastic" as beginning transition sooner rather than later. And thank you all my MF friends for giving your input...some said go for goal, and I respect that entirely and considered it as my first option, and some said transition, and I think I'm doing something in between. I'm 135 right now, I want to lose 7 more pounds. Should take me one month, which, oh my word, I just realised that, interestingly enough, it still puts me at "goal-by-summer" on the 21st of September. I think it's prophetic. And very appropriate. Wow. I'm blown away.

    Have a good day, keep your eye on the prize, and don't waver.




No comments: