Thursday, August 23, 2007

July 25 - Two days until 1 yr Medifast anniversary

2-Days Until 1-year MF Anniversary! And New Mini-Goal Reached!

This morning I did the happy dance. I seem to be doing that alot lately! I remember when I started this program, it took me losing 40 pounds for anyone to notice I was losing weight. Forty Pounds. Now, people who don't see me for 2 weeks say I'm smaller than when they saw me last! It's truly amazing. Every pound shows up so much more now, so my preconceived notion about it maybe being hard to stay motivated as I get closer to my goal has been dashed. It is easy to stay motivated. I love it.

Ok. I am 2 days away from my 1-year anniversary on Medifast. Today I weighed in at 139 1/4 lbs. (I'm a daily weigher!) I began this quest of mine on July 27th 2006. Technically I weighed 250 when I started MF, but I just say 266 because that was my heaviest last summer.

So, altogether I've lost over 127 lbs. 6 more pounds and I will have lost Half of Me! I plan on sending pics to People Magazine, for their January special edition...who knows!? Maybe I'll be in their publication.

This journey has taught me alot about myself. The biggest thing it has taught me is that I had it in me all along to be fit and healthy. I just wasn't living in it. I was choosing the comforts of food over leading a fit and healthy life. I was living in despair when hope was there for the taking. I just didn't choose to take it until I started MF. There is nothing magical about MF. The change takes place in YOU. In ME. Medifast is simply a tool, and for some of us it is the best tool to fit our busy food-obsessed lifestyles! It takes the focus off food and onto living. I needed that to stoke the fires of my own internal drive. Now I'm cruising.

There are several "motto's" I've had for myself along this journey. I'll list them here. First is a quote by Renee Zellwegger, when asked how she dropped the weight she had put on for both "Bridget Jones" movies...she said

****"It's just about how much you care. The rest is just math."

The next motto I have seems a little cold, but it is so true. Many of you who have gained and lost and gained and lost can attest to it. Here it is.

****"You could always be bigger".

The logic behind that one is that no matter how overweight or obese we are when we start MF, we can always get bigger. The capacity for the human body to store fat is amazing. When you lose and gain, you usually gain more than you lost. It is just the anatomy of obesity.

So, whether you weigh 200 lbs, 300 lbs, 400 lbs, 500 lbs or 600 lbs right now, it is so important to be diligent and steadfast to your goals because you could always be bigger. People who throw in the towel, or are done struggling with dieting, usually don't understand this notion. They are just signing themselves up to be bigger in the longrun than they are right now.

And I fully understand, every day, that I am just a few bad decisions away from weighing 300 lbs. Just because my body is at 139 right now doesn't mean it doesn't want to gain it all back. It does, and I can't kid myself into believing I am normal.

Anyway, hope this helps someone!

Take care!



No comments: