Thursday, August 23, 2007

July 23 - When reality slaps you in the face, in a good way.

When Reality Slaps You In The Face...In a GOOD Way!

Ok, first let me set the stage. Yesterday I was having a mopey day, I told my husband "I feel fat...." etc etc. I'm sure it was TOM induced, as I'm wrapping up that glorious time in the last day and today.

I went to the outlet stores in Loveland today to see if they had my size of Levi's there...they did not...so I went to Jockey and bought a flesh colored "hold it all in" camisole that looks great with t-shirts! (No "bra-rolls" or "migrating back of the arms extra skin" rolls to contend with anymore! Hallelujah for support clothing!

I walked over to Ann Taylor...it is a new outlet store, only three weeks old, and so they were having a grand opening sale. It is a gorgeous store, for any of you Coloradoans who want to make the trip. Lots of sizes. Lots of selection.

Let me preface this by saying something here. When I began this program last year July 27th, I was wearing a tight size 26 Women's stretch jean, and a 2X top. I'm sure I should have been wearing a 28 Women's jean, but I could not bring myself to purchase one. So the 26's were pretty much cutting me in half. I ordered Medifast. I started Medifast.

Well, last Winter I decided that I was going to start a goal closet of Ann Taylor and other designer clothing. I randomly chose a size of 8, because when I got married 15 years ago I wore an 8 and looked and felt pretty darn good. Now, granted, I only recently learned that sizes have changed over the last 10 years, and I probably should have been compiling a size 4 or 6 wardrobe.

Thankfully, and I say that because I'm out the other end and still shrinking, I didn't buy too too many things in a size 8.

Ok. Back to the story. So, I was the "lady who bought size 8's off the rack" because I didn't/couldn't try them on. I always bought clearance items, and just began to assemble a modest goal closet. Well, at the beginning of the summer I began to be able to wear those GOAL CLOTHES! And I'm not at goal yet! Ok, it gets better. I have two beautiful Ann Taylor Dresses (thanks again RG!) in size 6, which Radiationgirlie will attest to the fact that I just recently dropped from the size 8's to the size 6, atleast in dress sizes. I wear these dresses on a regular basis, and they fit well.

But. Today. Today. TODAY!!! I tried on a beautiful skirt in a size 6. Too big. What? Too big? Granted, I have a tiny waist now (down to 28 from 49 inches) and the skirt was fitted at the waist, and flared at the hips. Ok, lets try the 4. Wait. Is this a 4? Are you sure? A FOUR? The four fit, but was actually a bit loose. WHAT!!!!?????

So, I uttered these words, which never in a million years would I have thought one year ago today that I would be uttering one year later. "Um, can you get me a size 2 in this skirt?" I felt like someone was going to call my bluff. I felt like the saleslady might look at me and laugh, and say "what? you? a size 2? doubt it!" I felt like at any moment I would be forced to wake up and realize it was all a dream.

But wait. She's coming back. With a size 2. I'm trying it on. I'm fastening it. I'm zipping it. It fits. IT FITS!!!! It's not a dream. I know Ann Taylor's sizes run a little big, but I'm also sitting in Ralph Lauren size 4 capri's, and my size 6 Levis nonstretch jeans are getting a little roomy. So, folks, I can say I am a size 2-4, depending on the brand.

And I'm not even in a Nutri-System commercial (you know, that annoying one where she says "look! I'm in a 2!" and you just want to throttle her......) Ok, please don't throttle me. But I am in a size 2.

WOW! Okay, wedding dress update, I can get it zipped up half way. I think one more month ought to do it. Am I getting married? No, I'm already married. This is my wedding dress from 15 years ago that my hubby says once I can fit into again he'll rent a tux and take me out on the town. Yowza.

So back to yesterday (how random is this blog? I can hardly keep up.)

My husband said, after I said I felt fat, "you are not fat. You are normal looking." And that was probably the biggest compliment he has ever given me. I am normal looking. I dreamt of this day. It is here, and I still have about 15 more pounds to go. (24 if I want to hit my actual goal weight!)

So dream big (or small, as the case may be!) dreams, ladies and gents. You will get there. One day you will wake up....and be a size 2. Pinch me.

No comments: