Thursday, August 23, 2007

July 4th - We are Free.

Happy Independence Day! And Thoughts on Being Emancipated From My Fat!

It's fitting that today is Independence Day. The day we cut our governmental ties to England and declared these United States of America to be free and independent. I'm glad we're all still friends!

But today is cause for another celebration for me. Today I am giving thanks to God for having been emancipated from my fat. I feel free. Today I ran 7 miles. No stopping. Today I can take my size 4 (they run big...I'm not really a size 4) polo capri jeans off without unbuttoning them. Today I am on target to be 100% on plan. I am free. I can move. I can dance. It reminds me of the song by the Newsboys "I Am Free!" I will post the words below. Have a great 4th, y'all!

Newsboys - I Am Free
From the album Go

Through You the blind will see
Through You the mute will sing
Through You the dead will rise
Through You our hearts will praise
Through You the darkness flees
Through You my heart screams I am free
I am free

Chorus:
I am free to run
(I am free to run)
I am free to dance
(I am free to dance)
I am free to live for You
(I am free to live for You)
I am free
(I am free)
Yes, I am free
(I am free)

Through You the kingdom's come
Through You the battle's won
Through You I'm not afraid
Through You the price is paid
Through You there's victory
Because of You my heart screams I am free I am free

Chorus:

Who the Son sets free is free indeed.
Who the Son sets free is free indeed.

Chorus:


No comments: