Thursday, August 23, 2007

July 9

Into a size 6 Levi's Misses NONSTRETCH jeans! And feeling great...

So this whole MF/Exercise thing is really working for me. Although I'm technically still about 5 lbs "overweight", I am fitting into my size 6 Levi's Misses Nonstretch 515's, and they look pretty decent!

I've decided I'm going to consider trying for the Marathon in September instead of the 1/2 Marathon. Yesterday was my "long run" day of the week, and I got in 8 miles! 2 hours straight of jogging! I figure if I add a mile to that every week, I'll be at 20 miles the week before the marathon..and if I can run 20 miles, I think I can run 26! We shall see how I feel as I get closer and run longer and longer.

My training regimen will be as follows:
Day 1: Long Run (this week 8 miles, next week 9, etc.)
Day 2: Off - Weight lifting in evening
Day 3: 3 miles
Day 4: 4 miles
Day 5: 4 miles
Day 6: Off - Weight lifting in evening

It's hard to believe I just started the couch to 5K program in mid-January. Before that, I couldn't even run a mile without stopping. Now I can run 8. I am just so thankful! Thankful to God, thankful to medifast for giving me the tools, thankful for the blogs and the support we can draw from them, thankful for my self-discipline. Self discipline is like a muscle...which is why sometimes we say "to exercise self-discipline". The more we use it, the stronger it gets. When we give in, we back-track and for some, it is hard to get it back in shape. It can atrophy with non-use.

Have I fallen off the wagon a few times since January? Yes. Have I fallen off the wagon this month? Yes. I'm not proud of that, and I have to get back every time I do that. And it's hard. And I'm not an advocate of falling off the wagon, for ANY reason. But we are all human, and some people can get through a year of program with zero downfalls. Some can't. I'm here to tell you that if you have had a few downfalls, it doesn't mean you are doomed to not succeed. It just means it will take longer. Much longer, in some instances.

I'd be at goal right now if I hadn't deviated from my program. I do regret not staying on 100%. So, that is my thought for the day. My one year anniversary on MF is coming up in a few weeks. July 27th. I hope to be in the 130's by then, I forgot about that date when I signed up for the "August 1st" weigh-date. I'll have to deviate that day, because I'm such a numbers person and I need to be able to see how much I've lost in exactly a year. If I can get down below 140, I will have averaged 9.16 lbs/month.

So my successes may have been great over the long-term, and it is SO worth it, but the eating off program occasionally made my weight loss average 2 lbs/week, which is at the low end of what you can expect with MF.

So keep on MF, keep on program, don't deviate, and exercise when you can. This will give you great results.

No comments: