Monday, August 20, 2007

DBB had inspired me!

DBBThreads has INSPIRED Me!!!!!

I just got done reading DBB's blog entry about "faking Europe", and I love it love it love it! She has inspired me to make (another) radical change in my life. I am a radical change type person, the more extreme it is the better...so I'm gonna take a stab at it.

DBB has begun walking many places, instead of just around her neighborhood. She is grocery shopping, etc, while walking!

I'm going to try that for 3 months! Now, I'm not giving the car up cold turkey, I will still have my once-weekly or every other weekly trip to Costco (if needed!), and any social-type "dates" I have with my women-friends, those I need to attend to keep sane...and anything already on the calendar, special things and such. But for the everyday shopping and the everyday banking, I'm going to do it in town from now on. And why not? My town, the town of Lyons, is only a mile and a half down the road. Should be doable. I'll report on how it's going.

No comments: