Thursday, August 23, 2007

Aug 14 - I'm "healthy" ... Go figure!

I'm "healthy". Go Figure.

Who'd 'a' thunk a year ago that a year from then (that being NOW,) I would be sitting at my computer and at a healthy BMI, a healthy Waist:Hip ratio, a healthy waist measurement, a healthy resting pulse (65), and just gosh darn all-around healthy to the point that I can apply for life insurance and pass the physical?! Ok, I haven't done that yet, but I have my info in to a life insurance company and in one month I will be pursuing that. I want to be in the 120's before I get blood tested and all that!

I went to a site called www.healthcalculators.org and did a bunch of their thing-a-ma-jiggies. Apparently I have a healthy Waist:Hip ratio now, (anything below .85 for women is considered healthy, and I'm between 0.68 and 0.73 depending on whether you include my saddly-bags in the hip measurements!). Waist:Hip ratio is a big factor in heart disease risk, even bigger than BMI. I challenge you all to go to the site and do the test.

I'm encouraged. And my size 2 515's are on the way. I won 'em on Ebay two days ago, so I don't have to try to squeeze my ever-shrinking self into the size 2 Petite 515's I mistakenly bought a few weeks ago. (I blogged about it...) I'll be happy in the regular size 2 Levi's.

I can't believe I'm typing this. I can't believe my size 4 Levi's 515's are getting looser! Lots looser! I'll report on how well I can squeeze into the size 2's when they get here. Probably not wearable in public, but I'll let you know.

Don't hate me (I say that tongue in cheek, I know none of you do). The only thing standing between where I am now and where you can be is time. (And yourself, if you are a self-sabatoger). Get yourself out of the way, do the program to a "T", and in a matter of time you will get there. The biggest thing us dieters battle is our impatience. Then we get all discouraged because it's not going fast enough and we're still waking up fat, and we give in to the momentary release and false pleasure of food. Don't do it. Do Medifast, give it time, and you too will be healthy. You will. I guarantee it.

No comments: