Thursday, August 23, 2007

Aug 14 - Going for a run this morning

Going For a Run This Morning

I just thought I'd have you guys all hold me accountable. I've decided to go for a run after my little man finishes his formula, because my exercise has been going great lately and I feel like I'm on a good streak here. Then tonight I'll go to the gym at 9pm and do upper body workouts for a half hour. That is my plan, and I'm sticking to it. Oh yes, that and get all 5 MF meals in and my L&G. And drink my water, starting now.

I find it's super easy to allow myself to go quite a bit of the morning without drinking any water. This is bad. Especially if I'm exercising! But if I don't drink atleast 16 oz directly after my coffee and oatmeal, then I tend to forget until about 10 am or so. Then I'll pound about a liter. If I don't get all my water in by 2pm I'm in trouble, because I tend to not drink alot in the afternoon. This is all going to change. This week I'm going to focus on being very intentional about drinking my water.

I can always tell when I'm teetering on the brink of collapse in any diet. There are two things that go out the window first. Number one is my half and half intake increases. Instead of 2 TBSP per day, which we are allowed, I find myself adding it to other coffee drinks later in the day as well. These calories really add up. The second is my water intake. I begin to "restrict" water to a degree (a little eating disorder lingo...no, I've never had an eating disorder that I am aware of, but I was a Mental Health Technician at a very successful private Eating Disorder Clinic for women and adolescent girls in Arizona for awhile....). "Restricting" water means that I intentionally (or subconsiously) stop drinking it. Either of these presenting themselves in my routine make me stop immediately and re-evaluate exactly what I'm doing and why. I've been very mindful all throughout this program to keep these two things in check, and it has worked for me.

And remember in my blog yesterday I said I wondered if there was a PPMS...like a Pre-PMS? Well, I was wrong. It was just regular PMS. My TOM appeared yesterday which explained quite a bit of my mood the last two days. Whew!

Ok, this is enough rambling for a day. Little man is done with his formula. He didn't eat as much as I'd hoped so I need to pop something in him first, then I'll go for a run with him.

Take care, all!

No comments: