Thursday, August 23, 2007

Aug 12 - Back in the weight loss saddle

Back In The Weight-Loss Saddle

I finally feel like I'm making headway again in my weight loss efforts. Although I am still 1.75 lbs above my 15-year low of 137.75 (where I was a week ago Monday), I am feeling very encouraged and energetic, and best of all, strong in will and body.

This morning I took my % body fat measurement on my little hand-held Omron Body Fat Analyzer, and for the first time in recent living memory I am below 30% body fat. Last time I measured, I was about 31.5%. This morning I was 29.8%. Hey, I'll take it. I've got 96.5 lbs of lean body mass, 41.5 lbs of fat, and weigh 139.25 lbs. At 5 foot 3, that makes me around 24 on the BMI scale, but % body fat is usually higher unless you are a professional body builder. I want to look long and lean, but I will never be a professional body builder.

Last night I averted the late-night munchies by having 2 pieces of sugar-free candies. It worked. I have run 2.5 miles a day for the last 2 days, and will probably do the same today. Feeling grand.

I am going back to the restaurant tonight that threw me off last Wednesday, but this time I will be prepared. I have decided to have my green at home, and my lean at the restaurant because as I recall they had a 1/2 roasted chicken with some sides. I can peel off the skin, eat the white meat only, and hubby can have my sides.

I've just got to get this mindset as my "autopilot" mindset again, for real authentic change to take place. Sometimes I feel like I'm teetering back to the old mindset, the mindset that got me weighing almost 270 lbs in the first place...but it is a mental discipline to stay in the now, remember what is important to me, and to remember that food is not the answer for anything except basic energy needs. Food is fuel.

I've got to remember that emotions are fleeting, and temporary, and often misleading and misguided. They "cause" us to consider things and do things that are contrary to our best interests sometimes, so I need to focus on facts and have my actions mirror what I have determined will be my path. Determination.

So, as I go into my Sunday, I will remember how far I've come. I will remember that I have lost almost half of me...(6 more lbs will make it 1/2 of me)...and I must finish the task.

Enjoy your weekend.

No comments: