Monday, August 20, 2007

My Goodness...3 Blogs in 3 Hours! Whew!

My Goodness...3 Blogs in 3 hours! Whew!

Third blog's a charm! No, seriously...I have made a decision on my next challenge. It is to be a 1/2 marathon. I was already registered for one in January, but to be honest, the training schedule for that over the winter would be difficult. I'll still try for that one, but I am registering for one in Boulder on September 30th. I checked out the training schedule, and it looks like it will be challenging, but doable in the 4 months I have to prepare.

Here's a look at it: For the next 4 weeks I'll be doing the following schedule:
Sunday 4 miles
Monday Off
Tuesday 3 miles
Wednesday 5 miles
Thursday Off
Friday 3 miles
Saturday 4 miles

If I can do this without too much discomfort for 4 weeks, they say I'm ready to start the 12 week training program for the 1/2 marathon. I'll keep you posted as to what that is, if I can get through the next 4 weeks without throwing something out! (Like a hip, or a knee, or something like that!!!) I never have had any problems with my knees or hips, I'm just Irish so I speculate immediately on the worst case scenario first, and work backwards with new information.

It's the next step past the 10K. I'm ready for it. It corresponds nicely with my date to be at goal, which is September 22nd. I think the running will definately help with the weight loss! If I start feeling dizzy or lethargic I'll work with NS to up my calories a bit...

Wish me luck!

No comments: