Monday, August 20, 2007

Another 10K...Estes Park! And other rambings....

I was looking online for 10K's in Colorado over the summer, and low and behold I found one in Estes Park in two weeks! Fancy that! I live about 25 minutes away from Estes Park, so I'm gonna do it! This weekend I'll go up with the fam and they can do the Starbucks/RiverWalk thing while I take an hour or so and run around the lake. I want to see if the altitude (3,000 ft different from where I live) has any adverse effect on me before I enter the 10K. There is also a 5K if I feel like that would be better. But either way, I will do it. I feel such a difference in my fitness level by doing what I have! OK, on to the other ramblings....

I have solved my crunchy-munchy dilemma. I was craving something to crunch down on...so now I've taken to eating about 2 cups of raw brocolli for my green portion of the L&G. "Just raw brocolli? Can you stand to eat it without dip?" No. And I don't have to eat it without dip. I just take my 2 TBSP of low fat/low carb dressing and add water and lemon juice to it to "stretch it out". That way, it has a lighter consistency, and I still get all the flavor with about 1/4 cup of final product (dressing) to dip away in! I even have some left over! I love the Ken's Steakhouse Light Ranch and Light Blue Cheese. It's about 80 calories per 2 TBSP. I've started weighing the 2 TBSP out now, instead of doing it by the TBSP measure...I can cheat too much over the top of the TBSP and end up having way more than I should. My kitchen scale measures ounces, and decimals of pounds. So, if 31 grams of dressing is 80 calories, I "tare" the scale, put it on decimals of pounds setting, and then multiply .031 (kg) by 2.2, giving me .0682 lbs. So I pour out exactly that, or very close to that, and I know I'm not fudging on the numbers.

It's yummy.

I'm eating it now, which is why I'm rambling on about it.

Went to Costco today to see if they had size 2 polo jeans/capri's. Mind you, everyone, I am not even comfortably in a size 4 yet...but I can get them on...which means I go out and buy the size 2 for a "goal jean".

When I get there, I realize that Costco doesn't SELL size 2. They go from 4-14. I can remember when I couldn't fit into the 14's, not by a longshot! MF is so doable, people, it just takes a little time and effort. It just gets done. When you lose the momentum or emotional excitement that kept you motivated, don't worry. Just do the program anyway. Your fat cells can't tell how you feel, they are responding to what you DO. I remember many weeks on my weight loss journey that I was convinced I wasn't losing. I didn't FEEL like I was. Well, feelings are fleeting and emotions are fickle. But doing the work even when you don't "feel like it" will get you the results.

Have a great week, y'all!

No comments: