Thursday, August 23, 2007

July 7 - Cheesecake Factory Challenge

I Survived Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake Temptation

Yes. It was a wedding. All the groom asked for was that there be Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake for the Wedding Cake. There was. 20 of them. 20 Cheesecakes, in varying flavors and sizes.

Cheesecake, in my previous life, was a favorite treat for me. One of my favoritest. So when hubby took little man back across the street (we live across the street from where the wedding was....) and asked me to bring him back a piece of cheesecake, I just told him to "hold on for a minute" and I'd get HIM a piece to take home.

When I got home, there was 1/2 of that piece in the fridge. I had asked Dave to save it for me, thinking it would do me good "choose" not to have it when I returned. Honest Engine, that was my mentality. To know it was there for me, and to say no, is hugely empowering. So that is what I did. I returned home, checked the fridge, and sure enough he left 1/2 the piece for me. I said "honey, I'm not going to have this, would you like it?" and he said "sure!" Then I said "Are you sure you don't just want me to throw it down the garbage disposal?" And he said "sure!" So I popped it in the disposal, ran the water in and flipped the switch.

And it was empowering.

Now, about the wedding. I did in fact wear my itsy bitsy teenie weenie dress. It was glorious. It was tasteful. It was tight. Not so tight that it looked obscene, but tight in a "that is supposed to look that way" way, if you know what I mean. It was a beautiful wedding, and at the end I came home and was pleased at how I resisted temptations.

Before Medifast, I would have felt like I deserved a piece of cheesecake as a reward for fitting in to my goal dress (size 8) that I bought specifically for this occasion about 5 months ago while I was still a size 14/16. I would be resting on my laurels right now, thinking I had "arrived" and letting my guard down for a few days which would turn into a few weeks which would turn into weight gain and yo-yo dieting.

But no more. That was the old me. The new me is going to remain on plan 100% for the rest of today, and begin her 12 week 1/2 marathon training tomorrow like my Calendar says I should. Tomorrow it's a 7 miler. I may make it 8 just for good measure, because I've never run 8 miles in a row without stopping before. Fun times.

Ok, thanks for listening. I will post pics of the wedding and me in my little ole' dress tomorrow after my hubby processes them.

Take care, y'all!


No comments: