Thursday, August 23, 2007

June 27 - I have a waist?

Looking in the mirror and saying "Who is that person with the waist?"

I am officially getting to "that place" in my body transition where I am beginning to have to take double-takes when I pass by a store window because I just don't hardly recognize myself anymore. I measured my waist yesterday, and I am amazed at the fact that I have broken into the 20's! My waist is 29 1/2 inches. From a starting point of 49 inches. That's almost 20 full inches! Off my waist alone!

Life is good. Last year at this time I had not even started MF yet, and was so depressed that I couldn't seem to do anything about my weight. Now I'm 147 1/2 lbs, down from an all-time high of 266 1/2, and still dropping. Not dropping like a rock, mind you, I am doing some serious work for every pound dropped. Eating off plan is not even an option for me, because at this point you don't backtrack a day or a week, you backtrack a month if you eat off plan! (When you're only losing 4-6 lbs a month, that is what happens!) So everything is meticulously measured, every meal meticulously timed. But I have to say I almost feel like I could do this in my sleep, since I've been living, eating, and breathing Medifast since last July. So, once again, it is only a matter of time before I reach my goal of 118. And I will get there. I'm less than 30 lbs away at this point.

Now when people ask how much more I want to lose, I can say "20-something more pounds" instead of "30-something" or "40-something" or "140-something!"

So it's a good feeling, yes it is.

I went closet shopping the other day, and I'm in a size 10 dress. Dresses always ran into the bigger sizes on my because of my chest...which even after losing about 120 lbs so far is still at a D cup. Now, granted, I was probably a EE trying to stuff myself into a DD cup when I started, because I refused to buy anything over a DD cup...but I'm comfortably in a D cup now, a 36D to be exact (from a 44DD) and I'm very happy about that. I'm also in size 10 tops, which is great. My bottoms are size 6-8 right now, although I can fit into the occasional 4. Pretty crazy, coming from a size 26 (tight 26) jean size.

OK, I just wanted to take a moment to see how far I'd come. It helps me keep it all in perspective.

Take care!

No comments: