Thursday, August 23, 2007

June 17 - Best Father's Day!

My Best Father's Day Ever....And I'm a Mom!

Today was one of the best re-charging-for-my-soul days of my life! My DH was so kind to let me have Father's Day as a day of complete rest and relaxation, well, if you consider running a 5K in Estes Park (about 8,000 feet elevation) relaxation!

It started with a 5K, which I find I am better able to do after my initial 5K in March. I had a much better time, and that shows me that my endurance level is increasing! I ran about a 15-16 minute mile for the 3 miles of the first 5K I did in March. Today I ran a 13.45 minute mile for 3 miles, at 8,000 feet elevation! (3,000 feet higher than the one in March!)

I was so thrilled with myself! And no stopping. I just kept going and going, like the energizer bunny.

Then I stopped into the Wool Market and bought a beautiful green alpaca fiber sweater, one that is delicate looking and below-knee length. It has four buttons at the bosom, and hangs open the rest of the way down. It is gorgeous, actually, the color of my eyes EXACTLY. Pretty cool. Then I met my DH and DS and some friends for sushi, and I had a plate of sashimi and a house salad. Yummers. Then I went to the St Julien Spa for my 80 minute massage, and sauna/steambath. After that, I was walking down Pearl Street to go for a double esspresso, and happened upon the coolest live band performing at a new restaurant on pearl street called "7". I decided because of my run I'd have 4 & 2 day, with 4 MF meals and 2 L&G's, so I had some grouper ceviche, and some tofu lettuce wraps. It was all delicious and awesome, I never thought I would be so satisfied with mainly fish and veggies! I love eating healthy! And I love what it does for my energy and stamina. Not to mention my appearance!

The massage therapist that worked on me at 266 lbs was there today, and she did not recognize me when she saw me. My therapist went and got her when I came out, in my robe, after my treatment. She said I looked "so young!" I was thrilled. I completely understand that at 266 lbs, 37 years old looks like about 50. Not that 50 looks so old, don't anybody run off and get offended. It's just that I'm NOT 50 yet, and don't mind NOT looking 50 yet. Get me?

I had 2 sparkling waters with lime (not setzer or tonic) and came home at 7:00 pm. I just can't believe what a great day it was!

I didn't even feel the urge to cheat. I rarely do these day, but when I do it is usually that I want to eat more MF meals! Isn't that funny?

I haven't weighed since Saturday, and that's ok! I'm going into TOM so I don't actually think I'll weigh until a week from Monday. I really don't want to get depressed that I'm still on the plateau!

Ok, well I'll go now. I hope you all had great weekends, and we'll see you tomorrow!

No comments: