Thursday, August 23, 2007

July 5 - I survived the bikini challenge

  • I Survived the Bikini Challenge......and the Fourth.

    So, I survived the Bikini Challenge. I almost forgot about it until popping on here just after DBB posted the "All Call" blog about it...then I realized I was the first one posting! I was a bit hesitant...should I wait for a couple other photos before throwing mine in the mix? Or is EVERYONE waiting for a couple other photos, so I should go ahead and get it started?

    My decision was made for me, by the fact that I was running out of time and we were supposed to be headed to Estes Park for the afternoon. So I just DID IT!

    Regarding the Fourth of July, I had a great day. My family and I went up to Estes Park for the afternoon, and walked around by the river for awhile. Then we came home and had dinner, I ran the bath for little man, and my darling hubby let me go back up for the fireworks at 9:30. They were beautiful. I have never been so close to such awesome fireworks. It was a great production over Lake Estes. I will be doing that again!

    Food-wise, I am at the point in my program where nothing, and I mean NOTHING tempts me. I've actually had this mindset for about 98% of my program, which is coming up on a year now. It's crucial to divorce ourselves from food, and use the opportunity of the little white MF packets to completely change our perspective on food. We have to want it so bad that nothing even looks good in comparison. That's when we will find success. That is what I have learned. That is my experience.

    For my own part, I have to be willing to eat MF for the rest of my life in order to maintain my weight loss. I'm not saying I WILL eat MF for the rest of my life, but for me, and my attitude and perspective, I can never give food the importance in my life I afforded it pre-medifast. If I don't feel like I've changed, then I probably haven't, and I'm in danger of gaining back all my weight and more. When you lose weight, then gain it back, unless you proactively catch yourself and reverse the trend you WILL gain everything back plus more. That means that since I started at 266 before I lost my weight, I would probably top 300 lbs if I ever gain it back. And I'm just not willing to give up my life like that. For what? For food? Forget about it.

    MF works. The food isn't great at first, but I have gotten to enjoy it. And the Maple Brown Sugar oatmeal has been my breakfast for about 10 of the 12 months I have been on this program. I learned to like it. I have gotten the results I am after, and I have about 25 more lbs to lose before I am at my goal. MY GOAL!!! When I had about 150 lbs to lose! So exciting.

    Well, enough of my ruminations. Today will be 100%, and I don't "have" to run today because it's an "off" day for me. Yay. I hope you all have a glorious weekend. Make it a MF one!






No comments: