Thursday, August 23, 2007

Aug 6

Back From Phoenix, Lost 2 lbs Over The Weekend, and Other Ramblings

Friday morning, Saturday morning and Sunday morning I walked/ran 3 miles with my sister at 6:00 am. I was in Phoenix (Gilbert), and it was hot and humid this weekend. We felt heavy and sticky and gross. But we did it anyway. And I stuck to plan. I was rewarded with a 2 lb weight loss, putting me at 137.5 lbs. My BMI is 24.3 now, and in a few more pounds will be under 24. I feel confident and empowered, that is for certain. My goal jeans should arrive today or tomorrow, so I can have a pair of tight jeans to motivate me again...I think it will be my last pair of goal jeans. I have a feeling that it is a huge jump from size 4 to size 2 P, and then an even bigger jump to a size 0, which isn't where I necessarily am shooting for. I'm shooting for my goal weight. That is all.

It is so easy to convince myself that I "deserve" this or I "deserve" that. I have not strayed since the evil sunbutter incident last week, but I find that the more confident I feel in my weight loss, the more my mind wants to play tricks on me and convince me that I can eat what other people eat. I've been fighting it, and will continue to fight it. Here is to keepin' on keepin' on.

My Mom and Dad are doing as well as can be expected. I just found out over the weekend that my son's Doctors are wanting him to go on dialysis pretty quickly, probably within the next month, so I might not be going to Phoenix again soon, unless I can take him for a week or so before the Doctors put the port in. I'm going to look into that. I'd really like for Julian to see Mom and Dad and his cousins before he starts Dialysis, because it will be tricky to see them afterwards.

I am so glad I have 130 of 148 extra pound off of me. The goal is in sight. I'm not sure if I will get there by September 22nd, but I've learned to not set date-certain goals/deadlines. If you do that, you only end up disappointed, even if you are close to reaching "the number" by the date, and you end up discounting all your progress and feeling bad when you really don't have to.

Well, I've got to get started on drinking my water. If I can get 1.5 Litres in me in the next 2 hours, I'll be set up well for the rest of the day.

Take care!

No comments: