Thursday, August 23, 2007

Aug 20 - From size 26 jeans to size 2

It's Official...from a size 26 W jeans to a size 2 Misses jeans in less than 13 months.

The mailman delivered the package this morning. I opened it, and pulled out a pair of Levi's 515's in a size 2. "What the...there's no way! These are going to be WAY too small...no way can I fit into these." My heart became discouraged.

"Well", I told myself, "they ARE goal jeans, so why not just put them on and atleast see how far I have to go...." I step one leg in...I step the other leg in. Tight. I knew it. I wriggle them up OVER my bum, doing standing acrobatics. Hmmmmm....

I go to my bedroom, lay on my bed, and with relative ease button and zip them. They are on. They are tight, but not obscenely so. I can actually wear them out, as long as I have a bit of a looser top on so as not to reveal the minor muffin-top I have coming out the waistband.

SO! PEOPLE! These are no longer my goal jeans! Because I can wear them! They are my "wearing" jeans, and the 2 Petite's are my goal jeans now. I am not in a hurry to get to the 2P's though, I will enjoy the 2's for a good long time. I like the color better with the 2's anyway. More stylish, a little lighter, with some built-in visual crinkles at strategic places.

Thank you MF, and most of all thank you Lord. Then thank you community, and lastly but not leastly, than you Me! Determination.

This is what determination will get you. Hubby will take pictures tomorrow and we'll get them in my album on tomorrow night. =)

No comments: