Thursday, August 23, 2007

June 25

  • Saw My Mom, and a Shopping Spree from Chadwicks!

    There's nothing like going to see your Mom, and getting some free clothes out of it! First of all, Mom is doing much better than last time I saw her, atleast in the area of immediate well-being. She has recovered from her fall, her face is alot less black and blue, her black eyes are mostly gone, and she is walking, or rather "shuffling" better.

    Alas, she still is not strong enough for Chemo, so the overall picture is still that her cancer is spreading unchecked. That's not good. But the small picture is that her days are better now than they were 3 weeks ago when I was there.

    She's a stubborn Irish person, though, so she won't use her walker (as anything but a clothes hangar) and I fear she will fall again soon.

    And one of these days she'll bust her hip, because the cancer is in the bone and therefore the bones are deteriorating.

    But I can't force her.

    The whimsical fun side of the trip was that she asked me to look through the Chadwicks catalog "to see if I wanted anything" and I found a few fun little items that she bought for me. It was so strange, buying catalog items in Mediums and size 8P's! Probably a first for me.

    But the best news of all was that I finally broke through the 150 barrier, and am sitting happily at 149 1/4 lbs this morning! What a milestone.

    I have one of those Doctor's scales at home, so the hoopla this morning was me adjusting the "50 lbs weight" from the 150 mark to the 100 mark. Of course the "1 lb weight" slid all the way over to the right to 49 1/4, but I was happy to do that!

    I'm hoping to maintain the loss from the weekend, I didn't run at all this weekend and my TOM is about 1/2 way through...so I'm actually hoping for another pound gone before the end of the week! Here's hoping!

    I'm not going to read the Blogs from the weekend...sorry! I need/want to spend some quality time with my little one instead of combing the computer for several hours. I'll start fresh with everything posted after I post my blog this morning!

    My niece said she had to keep doing double-takes because she doesn't recognize me at first glance...my nieces and nephew have never seen me this small, which is wonderful for me! I love the layers I'm peeling off with each pound gone. I am doing quite a bit of reading about the "Mediterranean Diet" which I will be transitioning to once I'm finished losing weight. It's not a weight loss diet, but a way of eating...a lifestyle filled with fresh foods, whole grains, lot of veggies, some fruit, and the main fat is olive oil. Oh, and 4 oz of red wine every evening with dinner. I think I can manage that! And fruit, as dessert. Healthy, yummy, whole grain goodness! But I won't be doing that until my 4 months of transition are over!

    Take care!


No comments: