Thursday, August 23, 2007

June 18 - Since When Have We HAD to Eat Anything?

  • Since When Have We "Had To" Eat ANYTHING?

    I'm a little disheartened reading the blogs recently. Sure I've eaten off program. Sure I've been tempted and wanted to chew my hand off. I've eaten "off" program, on average, once every 5 weeks. Once. Every 5 Weeks. Not every other day. Not every weekend. Not every time I'm confronted with a temptation or had a bad day.

    I just have to say this, and I'm only going to say it once. For all who might choose to be offended, so be it.

    If, in your mind, you "have to" eat anything off program, you aren't ready to do this. You are wasting your money. Unless you "choose" to do the program, no one is going to swoop down and make you. And you won't lose. And you will complain because you aren't losing. And you will become disheartened, get this, you will become disheartened because you aren't losing weight, NOT because you are eating uncontrollably. You'll blame the program. You'll blame your body. People, it's time to be a little harder on yourselves. It's not "negative self-talk" to sit yourself down and interject a little tough love into your life. It's called having a heart to heart and facing the hard truth that if you "choose" not to do this program, you will NOT have lasting effective results.

    So on any blog I read saying "I had to" have such and so, I will comment "poor thing, it must be hard having someone tie you to a chair and force ______ into your mouth, making you swallow at gunpoint."

    When I eat off, I own it. I didn't "have to" do anything. I chose it, and I chose incorrectly and to my own detriment.

    I'm off my soapbox now. But don't expect weight loss if you can't stay on program consistently. Ain't gonna happen.


No comments: