Thursday, August 23, 2007

July 2

Congratulations to the MF Stars

I wanted to post a hearty congratulations to the MF Stars of this year. That's it.

Ok, that's not it, I may as well post on how my day is going today, and how my week is going, and how I'm doing. Things are good. I'm still in the afterglow from the wonderful day I had with Jodi on Saturday, still amazed at how awesome of a person she is, and what a big heart she has.

I went to a birthday party yesterday, for a friend of mine (in his 20's) who just became "cancer-free" after battling with Lymphoma for 6 months. He also became a dad of twin preemie daughters last November, they actually came home from the hospital 6 days before he was diagnosed with Lymphoma! So their road has been a tough one this last year. But God has been merciful and gracious, and he is now in remission. It was good to see him, it took him a minute to realize who I was because I haven't seen him since December, and he barely recognized me in December when I was down 75 lbs. But I'm down another 45-50 from there, so it was great to rejoice with him, and he with me.

I wore one of my Ann Taylor "goal" tops, one that I bought at the end of last summer. At the time I purchased it, on clearance clearance, I weighed over 225. I bought it off the rack in a size 10. It is a white "sleeveless" (Thanks, Jodi, for convincing me that I could actually wear sleeveless!) eyelet pattern fitted top. Very cute. Just about too big for me now. I had to keep bringing it closer to my chest because it wanted to poof out a bit and reveal my bra and all that is IN my bra! Ha! Some pervy old man came over to "hug" me, saying he is the designated "hugger" at his church...get the FREAK off me, you pervy old man! I don't care WHAT you are at your church, you have no right to hug me! It was all over too fast, and I was very prickly toward him. Not warm fuzzy at all. Ooooh that makes me mad! I don't even KNOW you, mister, get your hands OFF me! Sorry, got a little carried away there.

OK, so that is what bugs me about being attractive again, the pervs. But I will take the good with the bad, and brush it off.

I AM finding that people are smiling at me even more than they were before. Some of it has to do with the fact that I am smiling too. But so are they!

This Saturday is "wedding" day. Not mine, but a friend of mine. There will be about 200 people there, about 40 of which I will probably know and haven't seen for a year! Dave says they won't recognize me. I believe it. I'll give a full report when I get home. Pics included.

I was super hungry today, but managed to have the "lean" of my lean and green to stave off the hungries. I get to have my protein portion in about 10 minutes, which was my normal meal time. I think it means I'm going to drop a bit this week. We'll see.

Take care!

href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wpgxg5Z/">

No comments: