Thursday, August 23, 2007

July 19 - Ok, I did it.

  • OK, I did it.

    OK, I ran. Hubby got home, and I just decided I needed to DO IT. Did he have a hot water heater to install? Yes. Did I have Little Man until bedtime? Yes. But I fenagled a brief 1/2 hour 2 mile run, and got busy! Ran past a huge, and I mean HUGE dead smooshed rattler in the middle of my beautiful tranquil road. I will be more cautious, now that I've seen one, about running close to the overgrown grass on the side of the road with my IPOD on my ears...sheesh!

    I don't know what happened on my run/after my run, though, I got SO SORE!!!

    I worked out last night with the weight machines at the Rec Center, and I didn't feel sore at all until after I ran tonight! Now I'm limping. And drinking tons of water.

    It's like the increase in circulation and the use of the leg muscles released all the lactic acid that it should have released last night after my weight routine...I have no idea! But I was sore sore sore when I got home, and after sitting for 1/2 hour driving to the store I was limping even more! (From sore muscles).

    Boy, can I really tell I haven't run for about a week! It's amazing how quickly you lose the endurance! I hope to go for a 4 mile tomorrow, then an 8 mile on Sunday. That is my plan, anyway!

    OK, I've been 100% today on program. I hope to break into the 130's next week.




No comments: