Thursday, August 23, 2007

Aug 2 - Going to Phoenix to see my Mom.

Going to Phoenix again to see my mom....

Hi all! I was in a pretty weird funk this last week, and didn't post much or read much. But I'll be back in full swing on Monday, Lord willing! Today I'm sitting here with an Arbonne Intelligence Exfoliating Mask with Thermal Fusion, beautifying myself before flying to Phoenix tonight. I like to do this mask thing once a week, it's like a chemical peel for the face. I love it...wait, got to go wet it down to activate the enzymes....ok, now I get to wait for 5 more minutes and then wash it off!

I've been on a plateau, mostly self-induced due to taking a mini-break from exercise. I justify it by thinking that I'd been hitting it so hard for 6 months, I needed a little break in order to not burn out. The reality of the situation is that I saw two different rattlesnakes on two different occasions on my running route. How do I know they weren't the same rattlesnake? Because the first one I saw was dead as a doornail in the middle of the road...smooshed...and the second one I hit with my own car a few days later! I think I killed him. How do I know it was a rattler? I know. I've lived in Arizona and Colorado for most of my life thus far (with the exception of 3 years-1 in Europe and 2 in Canada) and I know. These babies were huge, too. That, and the fact that it is prime mosquito season and West Nile Virus is pretty bad here...has kept me indoors for 2 weeks.

Well, no more. I faced my fears today, and took my little man out in the jog stroller, sans Ipod (I want to hear the rattle before I see the snake if there is one close by!). I was going to run 2 miles, you know, to break myself back in to running after not doing it for 2 weeks....but I ended up going 3. My rule is that I can alter my plan ONLY if the alteration ends up in a longer distance run. I never let myself shorten my plan. Just a house rule I employ to keep my mind from even tempting me to stop early once I'm already out.

But I don't set unrealistic expectations, either. I challenge myself without killing myself, if that makes sense.

Food-wise, I've been doing pretty decent. Got all high and mighty in my expectations last Monday night with company over and ended up crashing and burning. I've got to get a handle on that. It's getting comfortable, being where I'm at, and for some reason that is effecting my mindset. Sometimes I figure if other diets let you have a "cheat day" why can't I take one? It's "legal" on Body for Life, for example, but not MF. I have to stick to my guns, and get the rest of this weight off. THEN I can transition and THEN I can maintain. I have to do this correctly. And I plan to.

Ok, gotta go wash the mask of my face...BRB...okay, here I am again.

I'm taking my new skirt and top to Phoenix with me, it's a little snug around the waist still, but probably by Sunday will be fine.

Have a great weekend, all you great Medifasters! And remember, TAKE YOUR FOCUS OFF FOOD. It isn't your friend. Thinking about it, dreaming about it, obsessing about it will get you a big fat nowhere. You may have temporary success, but you will cave in the long run. You have to do the mind-work necessary to make this permanent. Food is fuel. Nothing else. Food is fuel. Nothing else. Repeat after me. Food is fuel. Nothing else.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

i really really liek ur blog i want try that face thing see how it works for me.

check out my blog :]