Thursday, August 23, 2007

June 26 - The Rage Factor

The Rage Factor

I remember when I began MF last summer. For the first two months, I was mad. I was mad at everyone and everything. Full of rage. Didn't know who to even lash out at. I thought I was on permanent PMS. I steered clear of my friends during that time frame, cuz I was awful to be around.

Then I figured it out. I had used food to insulate myself from my emotions for SO LONG that I was now having to DEAL with them (emotions) instead of stuffing them. And they were coming out as anger.

SO!! My advice to anyone in this predicament is to be patient, and try to develop some relaxation techniques that don't involve food. Take a hot shower or bath. Take a nap. Buy a journal. Go for a drive (without any money handy for fast-food!). If you are an artist, channel your emotions into something creative.

Anyway, it will pass...it will get better, but not automatically. You have to be intentional about sorting out your newly acquired emotions and dealing with them in healthy and positive ways. Good luck to you all.

No comments: