Thursday, August 23, 2007

July 24 - Normal Weight!

NORMAL WEIGHT! NORMAL WEIGHT!!! NORMAL WEIGHT!!!!!!

So, I have been waiting for this day to come. It was one of my mini-goals. I remember starting this diet, and thinking how much weight I'd need to lose in order to be "normal weight". Well, I've done it. I am "normal weight". Today is a day of celebration. Today is a day of mirth and glee. Today is actually a day of intense housecleaning, but I can have a wonderful time doing it with the knowledge that my husband's comment that I am "normal" looking has really come to fruition. The Medifast BMI calculator says I'm normal looking also.

I have just dropped from the majority into the minority of Americans. 54% of Americans are overweight or obese. I had contributed to that category for the last 15 years. Not any more. The next time my BMI gets higher than normal, I will be pregnant, Lord willing. And I won't EVER be overweight or obese again UNLESS I'm pregnant, and even then it will all be baby weight because I know how to eat for my body now.

I am normal weight. I am normal weight. I am normal weight.

My next mini-goal is to break into the 130's, and then my next mini-goal is to get into the 120's, and then under 128. I weighed 128 when I got married 15 1/2 years ago.

Body-fat and fitness-wise, I am still training for the 1/2 marathon, although I've backed off my intense training of running, and added some weight-lifting to my routine in order to keep my body toned and shapely. I don't want a "runners" body, which is generally extremely thin, with small legs. I'd prefer a more balanced look, with toned muscles.

Currently I'm 31.5% body fat, and I'd like to be 22% body fat. That is my ultimate goal body-fat wise.

Okay, it's off to start my day. I just needed to let you all know I'd reached "normal" weight. Have a great MF day!

No comments: