Thursday, May 31, 2007

On the Eve of my 5-mile Run!

Never would I have thought it possible that just 9 months ago I started Medifast. My life has changed in so many ways. I have a wonderful family, and live in a great place.

I started MF for my son. I had fallen in a parking lot outside my husband's workplace, and was holding my son at the time. He was almost 2 years old. We both hit the asphalt, and it was the scariest moment of my life thus far...and I feel like I've been through some scary times! I vowed then and there that I would lose 150 lbs, because that 150 extra pounds was causing me to be a stumble-bumble. I had too much weight momentum behind me when I took a mis-step that I couldn't regain my footing. I knew that had I been of "normal weight" I would not have ended up on the pavement, and neither would my son. After a trip to the emergency room, we were so thankful that Julian (my son) was actually ok. I went into a depression for a week until I saw the MF add in People magazine (I think it was People...I can't remember now...) and I ordered. Somehow I felt this time would be different.

I have now lost 105 of the 150 lbs I needed to lose. I have not fallen, with or without my son, since that fateful day. I am meeting my goals. In January I began the "Couch Potato to 5K in 9 Week" podcast exercise regimen, and true to it's word, I ran a 5K the week after I finished the 9 week program. The operative word being "ran", not "run-walked" or "walk-ran". I was so thrilled. I was so thrilled that I immediately registered for a 5-MILE run, which is....drum roll please...tomorrow. It's called the "Cherry Creek Sneak" and apparently there will be 50-60 Thousand people taking part in this event. Mayhem. Chaos. And I'll be running 5 Miles. Last weekend I registered for the "Bolder Boulder 10K" which is 6-Miles! I know, crazy, but I am working up to a half-marathon which I'm already registered for in Phoenix next January. That is my ultimate goal, and I should be at my goal weight by then, which is 118.

Also today I registered to be an Arbonne Consultant, which I am very excited for. Since I've been taking care of myself more, including my skin, I just decided "what the heck!" I'm buying the stuff anyway! And, we found out last week that our insurance company will NOT cover Julian's Donor's operation, except for 10K. Since the operation is about 40-50K, that means that we have to come up with the difference IN ADVANCE of the operation. We don't know if Uncle Joe is a match yet, we'll be finding that out in the next couple weeks. But if he is, we have to do it. It would be the best thing for Julian.

For those of you who don't know, my son Julian, who is 2 1/2 years old and the cutest thing in the world (see my photo album), needs a kidney transplant. He is currently on the list to receive a kidney, but it could take a year or two for that to actually happen. So, my uncle is being tested to see if he is a match and has offered to donate one of his kidneys to my little boy. We would love that! So, this new consultancy with Arbonne will help me with that operation, and more importantly it will allow me to save up so we can pay cash for the next one in 10-15 years after the first one. Kidney transplants only last an average of 15 years, so Julian will probably need several throughout his lifetime. We'd like to be able to provide financially for his needs, so there you have it. Basically once he turns 21 he will be uninsurable, because he'll go off of my husband's policy. Sorry if I'm boring you with details, all that to say I am optimistic about the future, and even more optimistic now that I'm over 100 lbs lighter!

Yay God, Yay me!

Weight-wise, my heaviest was 266.5, and this morning I was 161.5 lbs. I'm fully anticipating that by Monday I'll be in the 150's. Do you KNOW when the last time was that I weighed under 160? Try 13 years ago, and I've only been married 15 years! My poor hubby. He is so excited I've been losing all my weight. What a trooper he has been.

Have a great Sunday, and keep on MF-ing!

No comments: