Thursday, May 31, 2007

New Running Shoes

I can't believe it. I'm beside myself. I am bewildered and thankful. I have never, no, not EVER, not ONCE in my 37 years of life EVER NEVER actually WORN THROUGH a pair of running shoes.

I found out yesterday that typically a good pair of running shoes will last about 300 miles until the integrity of the support starts to wear down to a point where it is a good idea to scrap them and get a new pair.

Well, I'm not sure if I've hit the 300 miles, but I have a HOLE in my running shoes. I bought them last summer, when I started MF. I am so happy! (Not so happy for the $100.00 I'll need to shell out for a good new pair....but we can't have it ALL can we? - Where would we put it?)

Ok, so I'm going to the Boulder Runner's Store today, and I'm going to waltz in there without anyone giving me a second look like "what is SHE doing in here?" and I'm going to buy me a good pair of running shoes. Nike Air Max 360's.

I have my "Bolder Boulder" 10K a week from Monday, and I'll try to break the shoes in this week. I just got back from a 5-miler so I'm hoping 6 miles won't be that much more tiring. Here's hopin'!

Oh, and my 100% recommittment back on plan is working swimmingly, I'm on to day 4 I think......

Have a great week, y'all!

No comments: