Thursday, May 31, 2007

Waist Down to 31 1/2 Inches!

Ok, so I didn't lose as much as I'd hoped after my TOM...usually I drop like a rock...but it's ok. I took my waist measurement and it is 31.5 inches. I can't tell you when the last time that was! I am almost in the 20's with my waist! What a dream. I think I started at about 49 inches...Wow. I guess I've lost almost 18 inches off my waist. That is a foot and a half, people! What a dream.

I'm livin' the dream. Keep it up everyone! You will succeed if you keep on program.

I do think the running has definately helped in my recent "shape-shifting". It has made me much leaner, more sleek if I may use that word. For me it's just not an option NOT to run anymore. I run 3 times a week whether I want to or not. 2.5 miles each, and one "longer" run of atleast 4 miles. It's just what I do. My emotions aren't in it half the time, the other half they ARE in it and are saying "stop! quit! turn around!" So I battle myself every time. But my will is stronger than my emotions, and I've been choosing the "right" actions.

2 Peter 1:3-8 has really been my life-verse this year. It talks about adding self control to our knowledge, and then adding perseverance to our self-control. That was the key to me. I was always self-controlled-in small doses. But when I added perseverance to the self-control to the knowledge, it all clicked.

When I make the right choice, God backs me up with the strength to see it through. It's His strength, not mine. When I'm "tooting my horn" I'm really not. I'm praising God for what He has done in my life. Just wanted to share that with y'all.

No comments: