Thursday, May 31, 2007

Update on My Challenge to Myself

So my blog yesterday about either being on program or off program really struck a chord with me. I was on, all day long, and this morning was rewarded with....maintaining. I must be at the mother of all plateaus, and I ain't too happy about it.

So, seeing as breaking this plateau requires drastic AND I MEAN DRASTIC measures, I have decided (sniff sniff, sob sob) to ditch my half and half from my morning coffee. I am already experiencing separation anxiety, as I slowly sip my BLACK coffee with a packet of splenda in it.

It's just not as satisfying. But since when on this program has my satisfaction been at issue? My word, I've changed my whole way of eating. Discontinuing a little half and half is not going to kill me. No matter what my internal voice is screaming.

So I will finish my non-half and half-ed coffee. Unless I don't, because it gets cold because I don't like it too much. Either way, I will not have half and half today. It may be that my body has gone as far as it can on half and half. I'm down to a weight I have not been for ages and ages. And that is very exciting to me.

I will stop focusing on what I can't have and start focusing on what I CAN have. I CAN have yummy pudding, oatmeal, shakes, and soups. I can drink lots of iced cold water. That is what I'll focus on.

Here's to a half-and-half free weekend.

No comments: