Thursday, May 31, 2007

Untitled



We spend such a long time trying to be invisible, but hating every minute of it...that it's somewhat of a celebration when we begin to emerge out of our cocoons of fat. Like butterflies. I know, I know, it's a sappy analogy but I like it.

That being said, it may be too early to tell long-term, but I think I've found a solution to my month-long plateau. I alluded to it yesterday, and thought it was going to be a miserable experience. I felt like Eeyore yesterday, (musters best Eeyore voice) "OK, If I have to run every day I have to run every day."

But I have been running every day for the last 2 days, (as I said, it may still be too early to tell) but I find that the days that I do my 2 miles (up the road and back) I am more motivated to stay 100% on plan, and I do. In the last two days I lost the 5.5 lbs I had gained in the 5-day "what was I thinking" period between last Saturday and Wednesday, when I couldn't stay on the program for 1 whole day to save my life! I think if I keep it up this next week I'll be firmly on my way to the 140's, a weight I have not been for about 14 years.

I'm thinking I need to give my body some grace, and to understand that it is reeling from all these changes. Every fat cell that has emptied out is screaming out hormones to fill it up again. That's alot of chemistry to be fighting against, but my will is stronger. I can do this. I've lost 107 lbs, and I'm really looking forward to losing 110 lbs, then 115 lbs, then 120 lbs. And so on. Being out of control and unable to eat even 1-day on plan scared the dickens out of me. The realization that if I didn't do something, I would begin to gain and gain and gain knocked some sense into me. It IS in my control. Just take a step back, evaluate the situation, formulate a plan to get the control back, then implement the plan. Just don't quit.

So, in about 8 minutes I'll be strapping on my running shoes, and taking my baby boy out for a 2-mile run. It's a beautiful day, and I'm going to enjoy it! I even treated myself to some new summer-time exercise gear last night at target. All of my running apparel was long-sleeved, and it has been getting pretty warm. Even though it is active-wear, water-wicking fabric and all that, it can get hot and clammy when it is long-sleeved. So, I got a tank/bra one-piece running top (royal blue!) and a sleeveless hot pink running top to go over that. (I'm not ready for the body-hugging stuff to be what every one sees while I'm running down the road....yet!)

My other shirt was light green and my running pants are gray, so I blended in too much going down the road...the pants blended with the pavement and the green top blended with the beautiful trees that are all the same color! No one can miss the hot-pink now!

Ok, that was a bit of rambling! I'm off now!

No comments: