Thursday, May 31, 2007

I Am on my program, Aren't I?

Found myself telling hubby I'd been "mostly good" yesterday! I had a fingerfull of sun-butter and didn't count it as anything. So why is this "mostly good?" Either I'm on MF or I'm not. There is no inbetween.

I've seen quite a few recent posts lately of a similar vein. I'm not sure if it's Spring Fever, or Sabatoging Self-Talk. You'll recogize it, and don't think I'm pointing anyone out unfairly. If you feel like I'm pointing at you, remember I've got the other 4 fingers pointing back at me. But does this sound familiar?:

"I did so great!...But then...and I only had....and I had to...but it's ok because....and I'm on plan....except for.....and I don't know why I'm not losing....ok I sort of do....but I'm doing the plan....except for _________"

Put your vice of choice in the blank. Except for too many diet sodas. Except for not enough water. Except for not getting all my meals in. Except that my life is really hectic right now. Except that I ate too much peanut butter (or sunbutter in my case). Except that...except that...except that.

Are we going to continue to ACCEPT that from ourselves? Are we? I'm not. It stops today. I can have 1 cup of coffee and two diet sodas a day. Not one cup of coffee and six diet sodas. Yes, it matters. It matters to my weight loss, it matters to my husband, it matters to my health and YES, IT MATTERS TO ME! As much as I like to THINK I'm doing the program. I either am or I'm not. And if I'm not, then I'm not.

Eating a few packets of MF food does not a MF dieter make me. Not when I'm not following the REST of the program. Just some food for thought.

No comments: