Thursday, May 31, 2007

I Absolutely Don't Want to Be One of Those People! Help!

One of "what" people, you ask? I don't want to be one of those people who regain all their losses from the week over the weekend, and then repeat the cycle the next week.

I actually am not that person yet, because I didn't LOSE anything last week to REGAIN over the weekend! I just GAINED over the weekend!

It seems my confidence and elation from Sunday lunch (previous blog) made me overconfident heading into Sunday evening. That in addition to seeing people I hadn't seen for ages who kept gushing about the 100 lbs I have lost so far...so my inner voice said "why not? Have a glass of wine...you've earned it!" And I believed it.

After a glass and a half of wine, and the bit of judgement impairment that comes from it, I had a few other things that I won't describe in detail here, because it's counterproductive. But suffice it to say that the final damage is 4 lbs up from my lowest, or 3 lbs up from last Friday. I've been on a plateau for a couple weeks, partly my body and partly my bad choices.

I got the "Us" Magazine with Ricki Lake's story of losting 127 lbs, and I got the people "I lost 100 lbs!" issue that is on the shelf now, to try to regain my motivation and my momentum.

I need to feel like I'm moving forward and making progress again. I'm thinking of only weighing once a week, because it is starting to make me crazy and discourage me when I'm not losing any weight on a day-to-day basis. The question is, can I stick to the program for a full week? Let's see. I've got to try. I've got to find that motivation I had at the beginning and be resolute. But even if I can't find that motivation, I have to activate my self-control and DECIDE to do what I need to do, even if I don't FEEL like it. I need to LIVE what I BELIEVE, and I BELIEVE that I can do this. I BELIEVE that I can persevere. I BELIEVE deep down that I'm not a failure, although my inner voices would like to hit me over the head and try to convince me that I am.

But I am not a failure.

No comments: