Thursday, May 31, 2007

Got 'em! My Shoes!

Yup. I can now officially throw my old running shoes in the trash bin. I'll have to start logging my miles, because apparently I need to replace my shoes every 300 miles. My PLAN is to run 15 miles a week.....(2 miles/day 5 times per week, and one 5 mile run 1 time per week)...so that means theoretically I'll need to replace them in 20 weeks. 5 months. I think I can live with that! Here's to puttin' those miles on those shoes.

Food wise I've been doing well today...had a RTD just before my 6:30 am run, then had an oatmeal at 9:00, a RTD shake at 11:30, my L&G at 2:00 consisting of grilled chicken, butter lettuce, cauliflower, brocolli, some grape tomatoes, 2 TBSP of red onion, and 2 TBSP of various lite dressings (I like to dip my veggies in blue cheese and ranch dressing, 2 TBSP). Then I had a chocolate pudding at 5:00, and I'm on track for having either another shake or a cream of brocolli soup at 7:30.

And that's my day! Plenty of water, coffee with 2 TBSP (regular) half and half and 1 packet of splenda, and 2 diet sodas. And that is that!

Thank you for all your supportive comments, I do feel like I'm back in the groove, and I am looking so forward to having the scale move down again! I've lost 6.5 lbs in the last 3 days, which puts me right at what my lowest was when I became temporarily discouraged. Tomorrow I'm looking for another loss, probably 1/4 to 1/2 lb.

Well, time to sign off for now. Here's the question of the day: WHY do we sabatoge ourselves? WHY do we think we don't deserve to be happy? WHY?

No comments: