Thursday, May 31, 2007

Didn't Weigh Today!

But not because I ate off program, because I haven't for 4 days! I didn't weigh this morning because, well, let me tell you.

Last night, my muscles in my legs were starting to get sore from the 5 mile run I did yesterday morning (Can I just say Praise the Lord I can run again?). So, I got a product out that is specifically for sore muscles, it is a lotion type rub. I was excited to try it, because I have recently become a consultant for this company (which shall go unnamed at the moment) and wanted to try this product. Well, I slathered it on my thighs and my calves. It felt cool and refreshing. For about 5 minutes. Then it started burning. And burning. And burning. I swear, it felt like someone had poured gasoline on my legs and lit them afire. I tried to scrub them down with a damp towel to get as much of the stuff off as I could, but it was too late, it had absorbed into the top few layers of my skin. It was wild. My hands didn't feel the same way, and I used them to rub the lotion in. It was only my thighs and calves that felt like they were burning to a crisp. I quickly took three Ibuprophen and a sleep aid (since it was 10:00 pm and it was obvious I wouldn't be able to fall asleep like this!).

Then I tried to take a bath to help. It didn't, it made it worse. So as a last resort, short of driving myself to the emergency room for some morphine, I popped the last two Vikadin from my husband's last perscription (like a year ago...) and prayed that they would work!

Thankfully, in about 10 minutes, the pain lessened from a searing hot poker to a really warm sensation, but not painfully so. I was able to go to sleep until about 3:45 when the pain woke me up again. I had no more Vikadin, so I suffered through it and then it diminshed enough for me to fall back asleep.

I have to think I had some sort of allergic reaction to the stuff, because if this is how it works normally, no one would buy it, they would SUE the COMPANY!! I looked at the ingredients and there is menthol, capsacian, eukalyptus oil, etc. I think it was the Capsacian, which is about 10,000 times hotter than a habanero. Capsacian peppers are put into HORSE LINAMENT (arthritis rub for horses). That answered the question for me. I don't need no stinkin' horse linament! All I wanted was a little relief from my sore muscles.

If their idea of relief from sore muscles is to make your skin feel like it's on fire so you forget about the deeper muscle fatigue, well then it worked like a charm!

Anyway, the reason this ties in with the weighing, is that I've taken Vikadin before and it always causes me to retain about 2-3 lbs of fluid the next day, no matter how well I've done or how I've remained on program. Knowing this in advance, I didn't want to be discouraged by the numbers and I'll just weigh in a few days. I'm kind of excited to not weigh until, say, Wednesday or Thursday, so hopefully I can see a larger drop than I'm used to seeing every day, as a daily weigher.

I'm assuming that if I hadn't had the Vikadin I'd be about 157 today, so by Friday, say, I should be 155. That's what I'm shooting for. I'll take whatever my bod decides to give me, but that would be great. I'm due for TOM tomorrow as well, and I usually drop a couple in the first few days after that starts. We'll see!

Here is what I'm planning on eating today:
8:45 am: Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal, 1 cup coffee w/2TBSP half and half, and 1 packet splenda
11:00 am: RTD Chocolate Shake
1:30 pm: Chocolate Pudding
3:30 pm: L&G (Grilled Chicken, salad with brocolli and cauliflower and grape tomatoes, 2 TBSP lite ranch/blue cheese dressing)
6:00 pm: Chocolate Pudding
8:30 pm: Chocolate Pudding
And plenty of water.

No comments: