Monday, April 23, 2007

Back on the losing side..almost!

I'm really impressed with myself for my dedication and behavior this last week. After coming back to a devastating gain of 17 lbs, putting me up to 179 last week Sunday, I immediately got back on. I ran my 5K last week Sunday, stayed on program, ran twice last week and ran 5 Miles on Saturday in anticipation of my Cherry Creek Sneak 5 Mile Run next Sunday. (I wanted to see if I could do it, so that when I'm out there doing it I can't fall back on the excuse that I can't do it, and let myself walk any of it.) Grand total? I'm down to 165 this morning. That's 14 lbs down from last week Sunday, and I'm feeling great.

I planned another trip to Phoenix for June 1-3, but I won't have my baby-man with me so the stress will be less. Not that having baby-man was bad, it just added another dimension to an already stressful situation. So, without Julian with me, I am free to concentrate on my Mom and my diet. And I will.

I registered for the Bolder Boulder yesterday at their Bolder Boulder store that they set up every year before the event. It is on Memorial Day, and is a 10K. I don't think I have ever EVER done a 10K, much less run the whole thing and finished! So, I'm very stoked. My husband is bragging on me to everyone he talks to...that is fun too!

He suggests that I continue losing, continue running, run my 1/2 Marathon next January in Phoenix, and then we try for another baby. I'm all for that. Julian will be atleast 4 at the baby's birth, and I think that's a good spread, especially when Julian is probably going to be a small guy because of his Kidney issues. That way if it is a boy, Julian won't feel overpowered or outgunned, size wise.

This will be a good week. I just need to keep drinking the water. That seems to be my weak point right now...so I'm off to drink some water, since it's 8:30 am and I've had my breakfast and my coffee but...no water. Typical.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stacy, I have really missed you girlfriend! Between you being gone and my work keeping me so so busy, I haven't had time to catch up with you. It sounds like you have it under control. I have been a little out of sorts this past weekend. Not sure why but I am back today. Another baby huh? What a fun thing to look forward to. I am sure that Julian would love to have a sibling! Corbin absolutely adores his 11-year-old alf brother.
Take care!
Anita