Sunday, April 1, 2007

Today is Sunday, and I have been out and about in Boulder with my dear hubby and my dear son. They are so precious to me! We went to the Med for lunch, and I had a wonderful salmon salad with radishes, asparagus, tomato, onion, and a soy lime dressing on the side. Drank plenty of water. Enjoyed the conversation and the company. I love my family! Then we walked around on Pearl Street, the pedestrian mall. We went for the obligatory but ever so yummy Starbucks (Tall sugar-free hazelnut americano please) and a quick stop at "Into the Wind" store, the "Art Mart", and "Peppercorn". These are also obligatory stops for us. We love this time of year, with the trees about to sprout all their leaves, and the tulip bulbs that were planted last fall are all coming to bloom. Next week will be the week to get the awesome tulip pictures on Pearl Street....aw, shoot, we won't be here! I may have to go on Thursday just to get some pics.

Weight wise, I'm still at 164 1/2. I'm ok with that, because I've been exercising alot lately. I did my Body Fat Analysis on the little machine, and it says I have 60 lbs of fat on my body. That means 104.5 lbs of lean. If I'm shooting for about 20% body fat when all is said and done, (which is good for a female) then at my goal of 118 I'll have can maintain my lean body mass, and just lose fat, then at 118 I'll have 23.5 lbs body fat, and 94.5 lbs of lean body mass. So of the 46 lbs I still need to lose, approximately 10 can be from lean and 36 from fat. That's about a 1:4 ratio of lean lost:fat lost until I reach my goal.

Granted, I will not be trying to lose ANY lean. But I'm sure I will. If I didn't lose ANY lean I would be 18% body fat which is EXCELLENT for a female, and at the lower limits of what I would want.

One thing that exercise has done for me is lower my resting pulse dramatically, and increase my oxygenation dramatically. Oxygenation is measured as a percentage, with 100 being the highest (and best) and 90 being the lower limit of what you want...anything under 90% and people start to feel very bad. My husband and I have an oximeter that we can measure our percent oxygen saturation, (for our son) and when we first got it my resting pulse was 90, and my percent saturation was around 96. No, after doing exercise on a consistent basis, my resting heart rate is 55 and my percent oxygen saturation is between 98 and 100. That's after losing over 100 lbs. Talk about an improvement! I'm absolutely thrilled. Those are REAL results.

I may have had a tad too much half and half today, but there are some days (like the day before TOM) that you have to pick your battles. I'd rather have a tablespoon or two too much half and half than a pint of dove ice-cream. You know what I mean.

Bye for now!

No comments: