Monday, September 21, 2009

MY TWO CENTS

My two cents....
The following are my opinons, and my opinions only:

I've been a no nonsense advocate from day one. And I've taken my share of heat from it. Did I play around on the diet on my way to my goal? VERY seldom, and when I did, I OWNED it and was appropriately rewarded with no weight loss for the week.

People say "oh, but you've got to learn how to eat moderately etc etc etc...." Then go find a plan where you can do that, like Weight Watchers.

THIS is a no-nonsense, no-foolin' around weight loss plan. I did not come here to learn how to eat moderately. I came here to lose weight. Eating moderately most of the time and eating what I wanted SOME of the time put 137 freaking pounds BACK on me once I was at my goal a couple years ago.

So, you want a poster child for moderate eating? Look at me, on my way back up. You want a poster child for Medifast success, in addition to success at maintenance? Look at Radiationgirlie. And even SHE, or anyone else who is currently maintaining, will probably tell you it is a struggle to maintain when she eats what she wants, even SOME of the time!

For many of us, excess calories even in maintenance mode means anything over 1200/day. That's why we need an 800-1000 calorie diet to even lose weight in the first place.

Hear me now. The struggle does not end once you get to goal. In many ways it gets harder. But the rewards are worth it.


Posted Sunday, Aug 30, 2009 5:15 PM by goalbysummer | 14 Comments [Edit Post]

No comments: