Monday, September 21, 2009

I'LL TELL YOU WHAT MAKES MEDIFAST SO DIFFICULT FOR SOME

I'll Tell You What Makes Medifast So Difficult for Some....
I am on my second time around because I did not transition/maintain.

My initial Medifast stint took my from 266 to 130 in 14 months. That is -136 lbs in 14 months.

As far as I'm concerned, the great debate of "to cheat or not to cheat" is a self-deceiving one. Medifast is an epic struggle for many because they are looking at every temptation as a possible option that they have to say no to.

My success was derived by attempting 100% at all costs. When you look at off-program food as even an OPTION, then you actively have to CHOOSE not to have it, multiple times per day. Each of those decisions is hard, and each of those decisions is exhausting and only increases your inner voice that is screaming "it's not fair I have to do this". It erodes your resolve.

However, if you look at Medifast as ONE choice, a choice that you already MADE to be 100% on the program, then those daily "temptations" actually go away. They go away because in your mind it is not even a possibility that you will have them. It removes the daily, sometimes hourly decision making process and as a result you don't constantly feel deprived because you aren't constantly reminding yourself that you "can't" have this or that because you have to choose not to every time you are confronted with it.

I guess what I am trying to say, is that when I am successful it is because I made the CHOICE, at the beginning, the one CHOICE that I was going to stick to Medifast no matter what. To me, there is no "choosing" to go off program because my CHOICE is already made.

I only begin to struggle when I lose sight of the initial choice, and start thinking that I have to make 10 choices a day.....the odds of making a wrong choice when I have 10 to make today is high. Whereas the fact that I made the ONE choice to stick to MF 100% give me pretty good odds that I won't falter.

I've been on plan 100% since I began MF for the second and last time, 3 1/2 weeks ago. And it is NOT hard. Because my choice has been made and I'm done entertaining "how" I might be able to have a little of this or a little of that and "when" is it justifiable to go off plan and "why" should I NOT have a little piece of this and "with what" shall I eat off plan with....and "is it worth it" to deny myself day in and day out and "I've been so good I deserve it" as if me being "good" on a diet for X amount of days or weeks puts me in a position where I "deserve" to cheat and keep myself fat for that much longer.

Anyway, the bottom line is those who are committed to remaining 100% are committed to their success. Those who are not are making it harder for themselves, and maybe they will succeed and maybe they will not. For me there is no maybe. My choice is made. How about yours?


Posted Wednesday, Sep 16, 2009 4:09 PM by goalbysummer | 19 Comments [Edit Post]

No comments: