Monday, September 21, 2009

DOWN 12 POUNDS AND 4 INCHES FROM MY WAIST IN 2 WEEKS

Down 12 lbs and lost 4 inches from my waist in 2 weeks!
What a great 2 weeks I have had. I think I'm ready to start walking! I lost 12 lbs, and 4 inches off my waist alone! My pants are definitely starting to feel looser. What an encouragement to finally be on the road "home" so to speak. The road back to the body that I know I am capable of.

In the last couple weeks I have accumulated some wonderful goal clothes to add to my current goal closet. size 4-6. I know I am a 2 in some things also, but until I actually get there I don't want to buy too many size 2 things because I don't want to be disappointed with how they fit once I'm THERE. But what I AM buying in 2 and 6 can stand to be a little loose and still look great.

This is all part of my certainty that I will get there. My faith in the program, and my faith in my ability to follow the program come any distraction that may be down this road. I WILL succeed. It is not a matter of "if". It's not even REALLY a matter of "when", because I have a window of time I can expect to be at goal in, and I intend to be there.

I still remember when I bought a size 8 dress from White House/Black Market that I had been looking at all winter....I bought it in April at a killer clearance sale and said "I'm going to wear that to Rachel's wedding in mid July". I think I was still a size 14 at the time. Guess what? I wore it. It looked awesome.

You read the blogs, you see the successes people have, and I know the tendency is to wonder "yes, but will it work for me?" The answer is YES!!! If you commit to follow the program, you will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED AGAIN. It is purely up to you.

Do people but the product, start the program, and fail? Sure, some do, but it is not because the program didn't work for them. They didn't work for their goal, their dream. Myself included, for the last 5 or 6 restarts last year. The failure was so fresh that I had lost ALL confidence in my ability to follow the program. Whether Medifast worked or not was never the issue with me. It was all whether I was willing to do the program.

So take heart, all ye who follow the program. You WILL see results.

For those of us with 100+ pounds to lose, I think the first 40 is kind of the hardest, because we aren't getting all the comments that start coming later on in our weight loss. The first time around for me I had 136 lbs to lose. After I had lost 40 pounds, people were still NOT noticing. I came to the conclusion not to be disheartened, because big is big. And 100 lbs overweight is not too discernable a difference to those who don't see me every day as 136 lbs overweight. They are just both, well, big.

So right now I am, well, I am 137 lbs away from my goal. And, well, big is big. I weigh 255 today, and probably not a whole lotta people are going to ask me if I've lost weight until I am under 200. So, that is 55 more pounds I've got to lose before people even start to notice. I know that any pictures that I take of myself between now and 200 lbs will just be huge disappointments to me...so I'm not going to do it. Pictures still affect me. I don't see the difference in pictures until I reach 200 lbs, but I sure do feel the difference when I'm fitting into smaller and smaller sizes from now until then!

It's a journey, and I'm on it, and that is all that matters.

Happy Medifasting, everyone!
Posted Saturday, Sep 5, 2009 7:20 PM by goalbysummer | 0 Comments [Edit Post]

No comments: