Monday, September 21, 2009

HOPE

hope
Yes, it happened without fanfare today, in the solitude and privacy of a Walmart dressing room cubicle. "WE NEED AN ASSOCIATE IN JEWELRY, AN ASSOCIATE IN JEWELRY" was blaring in the background, but I didn't care. It was one of my "moments" that I savored. The passing of the torch from one size to a smaller size. And my first victory this time around happened today.

My size 26 jeans, which were tight when I purchased them about 2 months ago, were falling off me as I entered the store. I made a beeline for the JMS department, and found size 22's and 24's. I got the 22's on, buttoned and zipped, so I didn't even try on the 24's.

Here I go, people! I am deflating. For anyone who wants to see the miracle of Medifast, look at my before and after pictures on my blog.

DID I GAIN ALL MY WEIGHT BACK....YES! But it was because I did NOT do transition and maintenance. So I am a posterchild for transition and maintenance.

I am ready to wear my 22's. Thankfully this is the last pair of jeans I will have to buy for awhile, because I still have my 20's, I still have my 18's, I still have my Levi's 517 style 16's, my Levi's 517 style 14's, my 12's, my 10's, my 8's, my 6's, my 4's, my 4P's, and my 2's.

Yes indeed. All in the same style. And I wore them ALL on medifast last time around. They are waiting in my closet. I am ready to wear them.

I went to Macy's last night before my movie, and bought a few ultra clearance items for my goal closet for next summer. When I am down, I am a Small-Petite, or Medium-Petite depending on the cut of the blouse. I bought about 8 super-cute tops, all between $7.00 and $15.00. I even got a beautiful "Lauren" 1/2 silk sporty-style sweater for $12.00 instead of $99!

I am a clothes horse. And now I have a few more adorable youthful fun and sporty tops in my closet, just waiting for me to get to goal!

Here's to all of us!

OK, on the guests we are having over "for dinner" tonight...

We are doing a BYOF! Yes! A Bring-Your-Own-Food! Since my husband and I are both on medifast, I DO NOT want to buy, stock, prepare, and keep the leftovers of anything that is not strictly On Plan. So, we will have our shakes, and they will have their burgers! After all, it is the relationship and the together-time that counts, not the eating of food!

so, I am down 16 lbs now, in 3 weeks. I have a feeling I will be hanging out at a size 22 for some time now, as I usually don't break into the 20's until I'm about 220. That is 30 lbs from now.

Happy Medifasting, you all! And remember, HOPE IS NOT A STRATEGY! What do I mean by that? Well, exactly this:

"I hope I can get down by Christmas."
"I hope I can stay on plan this weekend."
"I hope I don't screw this up"
"I hope I can get to goal"

Do these sound familiar? Well, the good news is that if you are ON Medifast, you have not survived on HOPE alone. You have created a PLAN of ACTION and CHOSEN to DO something about the hope you carry within you.

It is entirely up to YOU. Now that you are ON Medifast, do you have strategy for those tricky times? "I Hope I can stay on plan at the business dinner" is NOT a strategy. What is your strategy for staying on plan at the business dinner? It could be something like:

"I will order grilled chicken with a side of steamed vegetables, EVEN IF IT IS NOT LISTED ON THE MENU". Now THERE is a plan of action. When you get there, there is no guesswork, there is no nervousness. There is simply "I know it's not on the menu but I'd just like a grilled chicken breast and a side of steamed vegetables or else a small dinner salad with dressing on the side, no cheese, no croutons".

There! That was easy! That's a strategy.

Or how about the classic: "I don't want to offend the host, so I hope she doesn't ask me if I want a piece of dessert because I don't know what I'll say".

STRATEGY: "If the host asks me if I want some dessert, I will politely say "no thank you, I just don't have room for it!"

That is a true statement. And the host is not offended. Perfectly acceptable statement. You DON'T have room for it in your life. You have chosen that ahead of time. It's just a creative way of saying it.

Just some wonderings and ponderings.

Now let's all do this thing!
Posted Saturday, Sep 12, 2009 3:23 PM by goalbysummer | 10 Comments [Edit Post]

No comments: