Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Words we will never hear on January 1st...

Here are some words we will never hear on January 1st:

"Dang, I SO wish I hadn't lost 10 pounds last month."

"I really regret staying on my Medifast Plan during the Holidays. Now look what I've done to myself, I can get into that smaller pair of jeans now. Bummer."

"That piece of pie would have tasted so good, I sure regret not having that 7 days ago...."

"I feel so awful and fit and trim, not bloated or gassy, and shoot, I'm not retaining water. What have I done?"

"Why oh why did I NOT find my emotional fulfillment in the stuffing and gravy this year? Those mashed potatoes missed me I am sure. I feel so rotten because I just enjoyed being with my family instead of the food."

"Now look what I've done, I'll get to my weight loss goal a whole month or two early. I was really hoping to drag this out a little more."

There are no regrets when we do the right thing. And it is never too late to do what is right. So for anyone out there who is contemplating eating off plan for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas, I urge you to rethink your plan. It isn't too late to do that.

The reason it is so important to stay on plan through the holidays is that our motivation and our resolve is such a precious gift. I know this by experience. I am trying to share my experience with you so you don't have to learn it the hard way. You SAY you have a plan to go off on Thanksgiving and/or Christmas, and that you can and will get right back on after those days are done. I say it's not that easy. I say carbs and sugar are a drug that leave us with wrong thinking after we indulge. I say that planning an off-plan encounter is like playing Russian Roulette with your life/diet. You never know if THIS off-plan episode will be THE off-plan episode that derails you entirely. Honestly, it is that important.

I've seen time and time again the posts of "I had such and so back then and ever since I can't seem to stick to the plan for even one full day".....
But, many off-plan-planners will say "no, it won't happen to me...."

We all think it won't happen to us. We all think it will be "someone else" that is derailed, that is thrown off kilter. We all think we can handle it. We've got ourselves fooled.

So my prayer is that everyone who has committed to losing weight on Medifast will guard their resolve and treat it as a precious gift. And those who do not, I pray will be able to learn from their experience whatever it is they are meant to learn. Hopefully it will not be the hardest lesson of their life.

No comments: