Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Nothing inspires like success

We all really just want to know we can do this. Right? We want to believe in ourselves and KNOW deep down that this will work for us. Until we know that, we never fully commit.

I look at it like a new and budding relationship. If your significant other is not committed to you, then you hold back your heart. You play around the edges of commitment and love, so to speak, not really wanting to risk your heart when that other person may not feel the same way, or may just walk out of your life some day.

But true love? True commitment? Once demonstrated, tried and tested, we will stick with that person through thick and thin. We are confident, glowing, we KNOW that person loves us and is as committed to us as we are to them.

Medifast is similar. I put my full faith in Medifast from the very beginning, I risked my heart and soul with it, knowing that it was as committed to me as I was to it, and that it WORKED.

But why did I put my faith in it from the beginning? Two reasons. Firstly, I was ready. Secondly, I saw a full-page ad of Nnedi Uzowihe in a "People Who Lost Half Their Size" issue of People Magazine in January of 2006. 6 months later, I was ready and desperate for anything to just work. She lost 170 lbs in 9 months on Medifast. I figured if she could do that, I could at the very least lose 120 pounds in a year. And I did. Here's the link to her story:

http://www.mymedifast.com/medifast/Members/Community/SuccessStoryPage.asp?StoryID=13

Medifast WORKS, people. It works for EVERYONE. Medifast is extending a hand of hope out to each and every person who is seeking an ANSWER to their lifetime of obesity. To their weight-related sadness and sense of failure. MEDIFAST WORKS.

So I am committed to Medifast. And it is committed to me. I am committed to following the tenets, recommendations and guidelines of Medifast. I am honoring my commitment to Medifast knowing it will give me results, that it will come through for me without fail.

Logic would say that since I gained the weight back and am doing this a second time it means Medifast failed to deliver. Wrong. I failed to transition to maintenance. Period. I will not be making THAT mistake again.

So if I seem like a fanatic, well, I suppose I am. I am a fanatic insomuch as I view this as a commitment and I am going to hold up my end of the bargain so that Medifast can be free to hold up it's end. A mutually beneficial relationship!

No comments: