Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Diary of a Shrinking Woman

It should not surprise, me, I've been down this road before, but it is still just as exciting to drop a size! This morning I noticed that my size 16 Gloria Vanderbilt Stretchy jeans didn't stretch anymore when I buttoned and zipped them, so I felt it was time to attempt my 14's and to see if they were at a "decent" stage, meaning I could wear them out of the house instead of just get them buttoned and zipped, gasping for air and having a huge muffin top like I did just last week....

And I sit here...I SIT HERE (THAT is an accomplishment in itself!) in my Gloria Vanderbilt size 14 Stretchy jeans. I am taking these on the cruise, and only these. No wiggle room for me!

I remember when I went on a goal-jeans buying spree at Costco a month or two ago. I was currently in the size 18's, and I noticed that Costco got a new shipment of the same jeans, which I LOVED, in recently. So, I got the 16's, the 14's, the 12's, the 10's, the 8's and the 6's. When I'm using goal jeans as a measurement tool, they all have to be in the same style/cut/brand because there is so much deviation between brands! (For example, I have a pair of Mossimo Capri's in a size 18 that are STILL tight!)

I go nuts and get depressed/confused with that kind of inconsistency, I need something solid and consistent. So I bought 'em all. And I am now in the 14's. Tight, but wearable, and if I don't wash them for a week they'll be even more comfortable! Ha ha!

No comments: