Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The 95%

This is a scary but true statistic, in ANY weight loss program. Only 5% maintain their loss. Which will you be? Which will I be?

I see quite a bit more resolve these days on the blogs than I have seen in the past and I WANT to believe that our statistic is higher by the sheer determination I am seeing. But think of it this way, ladies and gents, those of us who are working the plan day in and day out are much more likely to be in the 5% that maintain their loss.

I used to get mad when I saw posters saying "I just couldn't help myself" and "I just had to have it" or "I deserved to have this or that after my long day" or "I can't wait to eat jellybeans again"....I wanted to shake them and say "GET WITH THE PROGRAM YOU ARE HURTING NO ONE BUT YOURSELF!"

But guess what, I don't get mad anymore. Because there has to be a 95%, and those people will continue to express themselves on these boards also. I will leave room for the 95% and strive to be part of the 5%. And that statistic is talking about those who actually lose the weight to begin with! It does NOT include those who lost a few pounds and then gave up after two or three weeks!

Just some of my meandering thoughts this evening as I continue to contemplate TOTAL abstinence from OFF PLAN foods and how they cannot be a part of my food plan ever again.

No comments: