Friday, August 2, 2013

What About All The Processed Stuff? I'm Worried About Processed Foods....

If I had a nickel for every time I heard this, I'd be a rich woman with a lot of nickels.

So, I decided to put an end once and for all to the question "But what about all the processed stuff?  I'm worried about that, and I'm worried that this plan won't teach me how to eat healthy...."

Here is a picture of my average weekly intake while on plan getting healthy and burning fat:






Here is a picture of what, per Time Magazine, the average American family of 4 eats in a week.  Pretend there is 1/4th of what is pictured to account for an individual's intake on the average American diet, but pay attention to the TYPES of foods:




Need I say more?

YES, the portion-controlled meal replacements I utilize for this plan are, in fact, processed.  But the ingredients are healthy.  Yes they are processed in to "bars" (and other things, oatmeal, soup, shakes, pudding, brownies, smoothies, pretzels, puffs).  But I can tell you, when it gets into your stomach and your intestines, it pretty much all looks the same, but HEALTHY.  And the purpose it serves is to allow you to CREATE HEALTH in your own life.

I can tell you true that until I was 41 years old I did not truly understand the vital role that glycemic index, portion control, healthy movement, lean proteins, and vegetables in particular needed to play in my health and in my life.  Now look at what I eat in 1 week.  I doubt I ate this many vegetables in a MONTH!  And the lean white fish of Mahi-Mahi and Ono?  Fantastic sources of lean protein.  Olive oil?  Wonderful healthy fat.  Balsamic vinegar?  Great flavor enhancer.

Garlic?  Ginger?  Can't beat them for the phytochemicals and nutrients they pack in a very small amount.

So, if you ask me "what about all the processed foods?" I very well may send you a link to this blog.  If you have any other questions that pertain to your attaining the absolute best health that it is within your power to attain, ask me another question, like "How soon can I begin?"

I can honestly say that Dr. A and this plan taught me MORE about how to attain and maintain a healthy weight than 41 years of government public service announcements, food guide pyramids that were ever changing, and a 4-year Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition ever taught me.

Don't tell my Dad.  He paid for my college.  Thanks Dad!  =)

Rinse and Repeat!

No comments: